Xiamen Far Sports Experiences

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

pushstart

by pushstart

Yup two layers of Stans. My 24x50 rims were very difficult to seat tubeless -- tire was very loose on the rims.

pcrispey

by pcrispey

Hi

Have also used 2 layers of the yellow Stans tape on my CN38 wheels. No prods with Hutchinson Atom Galactic tires or Fusions so nice ....
Mounting these tires on the new C24 Dura ace 9000 wheels was a hell I did not had anny succes in installing them on the shitmano rims even with lots of Stans milk.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ChanceG

by ChanceG

WheelTester wrote:So I have tried contacting Far Sports 3 times over the last 1 1/2 weeks with a few questions about their wheels and I can't get anyone to respond. What is the trick to get them to respond? I have used the "contact us" form on the website, I have emailed sales3@farsports.cn and I have emailed Mae at mae3116@hotmail.com. Are they on holiday or something???

Maybe someone here can answer my questions...
- Do they make a different rim for tubeless tyre vs. non-tubeless tyre or are they both the same?
- Can they make spoke count 18 front with a 20 or 24 rear wheelset?
- Do they ship your wheels with Titanium skews or do I need to purchase them separately?

I have purchased wheels from Yeoleo in the past and they always respond to my emails within 24 hours. Far Sports lack of response has me a bit concerned to purchase from them.

Cheers~

They are having some type of Holiday going on until the 1st-2nd week of Feb

oreoboreo

by oreoboreo

Chinese New year
Let's finish the ride with a 20% grade.

2011 Scott Addict R1 DA 7900 Matt black
2012 Scott CR1 Pro Ultegra 6700
2015 Specialized SWorks Tarmac Da 9000
2016 Specialized SWorks Tarmac DA 9100

crimsonbadger

by crimsonbadger

ChanceG wrote:They are having some type of Holiday going on until the 1st-2nd week of Feb

Um, Lunar New Year. And "they" includes many in (and from) China, Japan, Korea, Vietnam . . . so like billions of people.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

The level of ignorance to other cultures, their holidays and practices is absolutely astounding.

For a second I had to check to see if I was somehow reading this - on the internet, no less - in 1943. But no, it's 2014 in the generally accepted Christian Calendar (which is also the least accurate of the major calendars across the globe) and there are people like this. Wow.

"lack of response has me a bit concerned to purchase from them" and "some type of Holiday going on" ??

FYI - unlike the Christian New Year, many other new year celebrations in other cultures are not restricted to one day. The holidays last for weeks and they are quite frankly the most important holiday of the entire year. You have the power of the internet at your disposal, do some research and learn about other cultures. :)
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

WheelTester

by WheelTester

prendrefeu wrote:The level of ignorance to other cultures, their holidays and practices is absolutely astounding.

For a second I had to check to see if I was somehow reading this - on the internet, no less - in 1943. But no, it's 2014 in the generally accepted Christian Calendar (which is also the least accurate of the major calendars across the globe) and there are people like this. Wow.

"lack of response has me a bit concerned to purchase from them" and "some type of Holiday going on" ??

FYI - unlike the Christian New Year, many other new year celebrations in other cultures are not restricted to one day. The holidays last for weeks and they are quite frankly the most important holiday of the entire year. You have the power of the internet at your disposal, do some research and learn about other cultures. :)

WOW - Ignorance is also not reading the original quote... if you would have read it you would have seen my post was on Jan 13th, nowhere near the Chinese New Year! You would also have read that I have since purchased from them and have had my wheels delivered. I am a happy customer.

scotty

by scotty

Anyone have experience with red veloplugs? They look like they might be a tight squeeze! !

trychle

by trychle

You can easily plug them in using those small pencils from the big blue-yellow swedish furniture retailer.

Getting them out is quite the opposite though..

pushstart

by pushstart

When I abandoned tubeless, I switched to red veloplugs, didn't really have any trouble installing them. I I used the curved part of a (plastic) tire lever to push them in.

eric

by eric

I used the business end of a 1/4" drive nutdriver with no socket on it.

A thin strip like Rox might make for even more tire mounting clearance.

Pushstart, why'd you give up on tubeless?

pushstart

by pushstart

eric wrote:Pushstart, why'd you give up on tubeless?

I had bad luck with Hutchinson Fusion 3 tires (more flats than tubes, sidewall blowouts) but mostly those Farsports rims were just impossible to seat -- very loose fit. I will try road tubeless again with better/ different tires. I love it on the cx bike and mtb (of course).

Spinergy

by Spinergy

Koop in geen geval carbon wielen bij Speeder Cycling in China. http://www.speedercycling.com
De eigenaar hiervan, Justin Pan, is een grote oplichter. Je betaalt, hij stuurt andere wielen dan je bestelt, vervolgens zegt hij dat je de verkeerde wielen wel tegen een 'special price' kunt kopen, maar de wielen die je daadwerkelijk besteld hebt, krijg je nooit.
Voor meer info ben ik te bereiken via whatsapp op 06-53446307

Short translation: don't buy wheels or frames at Speeder Cycling. You pay, they sent you the wrong wheels, when you tell them they propose you a special price if you want to keep them, but you never receive the wheels you ordered.

Big shame.

Shortsocks

by Shortsocks

Hi guys/gals.
Much to do lurker and follower.
I finally bit the bullet and ordered the "Farsports FSC-38TM", 2014 38mm, U shaped clinchers:

http://wheelsfar.com/2014-new-38mm-clin ... p-295.html

I went with the 38mm because Dallas is generally incredibly windy and I'm not very good with crosswind.
Also I went with the BiTec instead of the EdHub ceramic, seems that a lot of people have been having problems with those...so I went with the BiTec steel. Any ideas on how to bring these down below 1300 grams? Seems they weighed these wheels without skewers.
Here is the pic they took of the wheelset:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bura

by bura

Shortsocks, all manufacturers weight data are without including skewers weight.
Considering that Reynolds MV 32C UL's were around 1285 gram these Farsports 38mm clinchers seem to have a very good weight for me.
May be you get some spoke plugs instead of a tape and some lightweight tubes with short enough valves and some lightweight tires to complete your lightweight wheel package.
Kuota Kom Evo
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=111825&p=955235#p955235" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SOLD