Time xpresso pedals

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

Are the Mavic QC rejects (re-graphicized if necessary and) sold as Times, presuming they pass the less stringent Time QC? And yes, you will have to excuse me for being somewhat skeptical, although I suppose it could be true.

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

HammerTime2 wrote:Are the Mavic QC rejects (re-graphicized if necessary and) sold as Times, presuming they pass the less stringent Time QC? And yes, you will have to excuse me for being somewhat skeptical, although I suppose it could be true.
stuffed if I know, or care!

Skeptical? More like obtuse or pedantic.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tillquist

by Tillquist

Have you figured out which pedal is best, Mavic or Time?

It sounds a little strange if Time manufactures a pedal for Mavic that are better than their own.
See all my bike h e r e

RedRacer

by RedRacer

RC856 wrote:Hi folks.
I've had a good look at both the Xpresso 12 and the Mavic version and am I missing anything?
Are they absolutely identical apart from the colour/branding?

I've had my RXS Carbon Ti for a while now. No problems at all but liked the look of the wider surface and less weight.

Same boat here. My RXS Ti's have some play in the bearings so I shopping for pedals. Was going to try DA (boring but reliable) but if the new Xpresso design (Mavic Zxellium SLR Ti version) is proving to be a top performer I would give 'em a go! Does anyone know if this pedal has a weight limit? The Mavic site is light on tech info.

MavicZack
in the industry

by MavicZack

Hi gang,
the Mavic pedals are identical to the Time Xpresso series. The Zxellium SLR Ti corresponds to Xpresso 12.

Mavic and Time signed an agreement to co-develop pedal systems. It's a win for Mavic because the Time pedals are fantastic on their own, but even better (we would say) with our shoes. In particular the low weight pairs well with our shoes (very light), as do the biomechanics and low stack height (Mavic soles are super thin which can result in the lowest ball of foot to spindle distance available).

I've been riding the Zxellium SLR pedals all winter and they're holding up quite well. Wide and stable, super light, easy entry.

No weight limit on the SLR Ti pedals, but do be smart about it ..in my mind, 200lbs should be the upper limit... if you're 230 lbs I would think twice about Ti pedal spindles.

happy riding!! don't hesitate to hit me with PM for specific questions, only because I get email notification and can respond more promptly.
-zack
USA Communications Guy
Mavic, Inc.
http://www.mavic.com
http://www.facebook.com/mavic

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

Can anyone tell me if the xpresso pedals are free floating or spring centered like other previous time pedals?

fdegrove
Tubbie Guru

by fdegrove

Hi,

They are no different from the previous range in that respect.

Ciao, ;)
Being a snob is an expensive hobby.

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

Thx fdegrove and mavic zack and juanmoretime. I could never get used to that spring centered float. My foot would naturally turn one way but the apring would force me back. Felt like I was fighting with the pedal. Looks or speedplay and mavics/look best suit me

lannes

by lannes

mike wrote:Thx fdegrove and mavic zack and juanmoretime. I could never get used to that spring centered float. My foot would naturally turn one way but the apring would force me back. Felt like I was fighting with the pedal. Looks or speedplay and mavics/look best suit me

I'm not sure if this feature reduces the spring centered float, but you can adjust the angular float +/- 5 degrees, also a different cleat angle might overcome the problem with the centering float.
That's is set up the cleat with the correct angle and allow the centering float to bring it back to that position.

fdegrove
Tubbie Guru

by fdegrove

Hi,

My thoughts exactly. If the centring action bothers you then it seems to me the cleats aren't positioned correctly.
One of the beauties of the Time system is that once set up correctly you completely forget about them IME.

Ciao, ;)
Being a snob is an expensive hobby.

handler

by handler

Can you have it in a "zero-float" mode? À la Look black cleats.

Grill

by Grill

handler wrote:Can you have it in a "zero-float" mode? À la Look black cleats.

No.

Cals

by Cals

can i ask there is there any difference between the 6 vs 8 ?

latman

by latman

im sure it is just plastic versus carbon filled plastic

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Cals

by Cals

thanks [@latman]
there was no difference in weight n axle type hence i was stumped on the difference

that clarified it :)