Wert Straight Shooter stem

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

addictR1

by addictR1

subscribed.. looking forward to buying a 90mm and a 80mm version

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

djm

by djm

Will there be a 140mm version? :)

jahknob

by jahknob

I might be interested in a short 80/90mm stem at 17 degrees. I assume that these are all with an oversize handlebar clamp? Presume no chance of something for a standard 26.0mm handlebar?

mythical

by mythical

For production, both ±7.5º and -17º angles are planned in standard lengths that a range from 80-130mm.

jahknob wrote:I assume that these are all with an oversize handlebar clamp? Presume no chance of something for a standard 26.0mm handlebar?
To run Ø25.4mm or Ø26.0mm bars with a Straight Shooter stem either requires reduction shims or replacing the handlebars altogether. I've seen a number of suppliers who offer handlebar shims, but personally I don't find them an elegant solution nor has Wert planned to offer any.

djm wrote:Will there be a 140mm version? :)
We're still undecided but it's a real possibility. We're having a few 140mm and 150 mm lengths made for testing. If you really want one, you'll need to contact us and we'll see what we can do for you. :wink:
“I always find it amazing that a material can actually sell a product when it’s really the engineering that creates and dictates how well that material will behave or perform.” — Chuck Teixeira

ricey155

by ricey155

very nice, currently out of stock 228 euros might be slightly high for my new built costs :-(

Jrock831

by Jrock831

Subscribed any updates!!!
2004 trek carbon 9.8
2013 giant talon 29er
2001 mongoose XR-500

Causidicus

by Causidicus

Last edited by Causidicus on Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mythical

by mythical

The latest news: We're currently awaiting new bolts to resume fatigue testing with and today I was told they'll be done in a few days.

Production stems will increase slightly in weight partly because production bolts will not be hollow. Also, -17º stems will be a few grams porkier than the ±7.5º version. Anticipated launch is early Q2 ’14. Stem pricing might be readjusted to just below €200/$275.

In addition to the regular handlebar clamps, we're also looking at those with an integrated mount for either Garmin or SRM head units with a centered position extending on the front of the stem. One advantage is that with these clamps your computer mount won't take up any space on the handlebars. In addition to having the choice between one or the other, it'll also be possible to feature both head units on a single cockpit.

Also, there shall be a matching seat post coming later this year for now named the Wert Perimeter Post . The modeling is done and we're soon entering prototype phase and expectedly commence fatigue testing soon upon delivery.

Intended for Ø7mm rails, the Perimeter Posts' clamping mechanism is easy to adjust and gives a firm hold on the rails. A MonoLink clamp system might be in the works later as well as clamps specifically for 9x7mm carbon rails.

Thus far the Perimeter Post is looking to weigh <140g for Ø27.2x340mm (with 270mm extension from frame to rails). More importantly, it'll have to pass CEN-EN fatigue testing at that length and weight. More will be following soon.
“I always find it amazing that a material can actually sell a product when it’s really the engineering that creates and dictates how well that material will behave or perform.” — Chuck Teixeira

thprice

by thprice

mythical wrote:... an integrated mount for either Garmin ...

you have my interest :thumbup:

desperado95219

by desperado95219

Anything new on this stem's availability? Definitely interested and waiting.

mythical

by mythical

The Wert stem underwent testing and is currently getting tweaked to look and perform even better for production. Keep an eye out for a launch date on the Wert facebook page (link in signature). What fortunate timing, desperado95219! :wink:

drainyoo

by drainyoo

This is awesome. I'm definitely interested in one.

Also, we need to keep threads like this alive and keep the focus on light weight discussions.

mythical

by mythical

Wert Cycling facebook page status update wrote:Behold: Wert bolts fresh out of their die! These production samples are entirely hot forged out of 6/4 titanium and accept a T25 Torx wrench. Being made without a single machining operation, expect their tensile strength to exceed a CNC-machined equivalent by about 70%. Thread callout is M5x0.5 and even exceed rolled threads in strength.

We're looking into making them even prettier through anodizing, a laser engraved logo and torque values.

wallymann

by wallymann

amazing work, suitable for manned space-flight...10-degree @ 130mm and i'd be in like flynn!

mythical wrote:
Wert Cycling facebook page status update wrote:Behold: Wert bolts fresh out of their die! These production samples are entirely hot forged out of 6/4 titanium and accept a T25 Torx wrench. Being made without a single machining operation, expect their tensile strength to exceed a CNC-machined equivalent by about 70%. Thread callout is M5x0.5 and even exceed rolled threads in strength.

We're looking into making them even prettier through anodizing, a laser engraved logo and torque values.
walter
motown, michigan, usa
Frequently wrong, but NEVER in doubt!
mijn fietsen >>> http://tinyurl.com/3334erl

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

corky

by corky

it's taking a while, but the future looks bright