Felt 2014 AR1

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

SuperDave
in the industry

by SuperDave

emartin wrote:Thanks for the reply dave.

My posts may suggest that I'm not happy with the bike but it't really not the case. Overall, one of the best looking bike a owned and the fit and finish is superb...the headset thing is minor, I already order a carbon one. My main concern is about the rear brake clearance with the STAGES pod. Any suggestions from FELT... I would be very disappointed not being able this unit as it is our team sponsor this unit and I which ti stick with my Shimano crank.

And yeah the sticker...I was just asking because we see them almost everywhere so I thought something was not legal if the sticker was missing.

Thanks again Dave to give inside presence from FELT. I rod alot of Giant FRame lately but this year, I'll be a FELT "ambassador" from FELT canada to give exposure of the brand at races and training sessions.

I'm running a Stages PM on my Dura-Ace crankset with a TRP T750 rear brake with no clearance problems whatsoever. You cannot use the Shimano direct mount brake with the Stages PM.

-SD

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

SuperDave
in the industry

by SuperDave

Zigmeister wrote:
emartin wrote:
I just wish 3T offered a -10d stem, would have stayed with them.

We use the -10 degree 3T Integra LTD stem on the AR FRD. There is a Team version as well.

-SD

SuperDave
in the industry

by SuperDave

emartin wrote:Me again...
I search about the eebrake and didn't found a online source for the dual mounts model, any suggestion?

For Dave, even at 40$, I would purchase this tape in a heartbeat!

I did not found a carbon cover only (except those chinese version on ebay that may not fit), I ordered a complete new FSA headset.

I'd suggest you contact eeCW directly.

I'm afraid you are in the minority. Felt isn't known for handlebar tape and a warehouse full of tape means fewer AR1 and AR FRD frames will fit :)

The FSA headset used on the AR FRD has a carbon top cap (and CNC AL bearings with ultrathin bonded steel races) A nice WW piece.

-SD

Mize

by Mize

Here's the bike:

aerozy

by aerozy

...drooling :up: :thumbup: Gorgeous bike!
Factor O2 Rim / Winspace 1500 Disk / Yoeleo R6 Rim / Cervelo S2 Rim

Twinning

by Twinning

Mize wrote:Here's the bike:

Wish I could tell you to go out and ride the bike so you can slam that stem but I don't go out when the roads are wet. Don't know what I would do if there was snow. Probably cry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mize

by Mize

Got an hour of intervals on rollers, but that's no way to judge my position IMHO. :( Stem's going to look funny for a while longer.

Twinning

by Twinning

Mize wrote:Got an hour of intervals on rollers, but that's no way to judge my position IMHO. :( Stem's going to look funny for a while longer.

Yea I had my funny looking for 3 weeks. Cut the chimney stack 2 days ago. It's a beauty now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Krackor

by Krackor

Mize wrote:Got an hour of intervals on rollers, but that's no way to judge my position IMHO. :( Stem's going to look funny for a while longer.

Looks like bars are from Zipp, right? How does the front end feel with that setup?

Mize

by Mize

Krackor wrote:

Looks like bars are from Zipp, right? How does the front end feel with that setup?

Zipp Contour Carbon with S-Course stem. Feels great. Well, as great as it can riding straight ahead with no movement on rollers. The SRAM Red 22 hoods are super comfy too. I usually get some numbness on 60-70 minute roller sessions but none today.

MacRoadie

by MacRoadie

emartin wrote:As for my previous post, Shimano's dual mount rear brake (second design) must have clearance issue with the chainrings as the arm are on the left side...?

Yes, if you are running Campy, you need to use a Tektro, or TRP rear caliper (T750). The Shimano direct mounts all rub on the inside of the left crank arm.

As to stiffness, I'm not the heaviest, but not the lightest guy (6' 0", 185#), and I haven't felt any excess lateral flex or compliance as of yet. The frame is stiff and snappy, climbs very well, and has a great kick to it. For a So Cal guy who rides 95% crits and over 35 years racing, I can usually feel a soft frame pretty quickly and this one is pretty nice. I may even keep the 1 cm spacer below the stem as I'm pretty comfortable right where I am.
Last edited by MacRoadie on Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

Imaking20

by Imaking20

That thing is beautiful.

Mize

by Mize

You guys who are approaching 15 lbs...any tips on what to go after next...wouldn't mind inching down to 15.2...

Krackor

by Krackor

ENVE SES 6.7c aren't the lightest option out there. You could lose more than a full pound with truly WW wheels. I somehow doubt you want to change out such an nice (and expensive) component.

Saddle could shed 100-150g.

Looks like you have stock cables, which could be dropped by >50g with Nokon + Powercordz.

Ultralight tubes can save you up to 100g per wheel depending on what you have installed.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Mize

by Mize

You're right about the Enves...love their aero and looks. But you've ID'd over a half pound of things that are easy targets (was thinking a prologo c.one saddle already). I hope the weather breaks soon otherwise I'm liable to read too much WW and start spending even more money shaving weight that won't be significant enough to help me win races :)