High zoot Carbon frames

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Ye Olde Balde One

by Ye Olde Balde One

Storck C0.9, Crumpton, Parlee Z3c, Calfee Dragonfly...which one and why?

The idea is to equal or beat the weight of the Giant show bike with better functionality for those hilly long rides :twisted:
Ride lightly!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Superlite

by Superlite

Your not gonna beat the weight of the giant showbike's frame and find a better one within 150g of it.

Unless of course the TCR Advance really sucks, but Jan's gonna be riding it, so I wouldn't count it it.

Joel

by Joel

Scott CR1 8)

Ye Olde Balde One

by Ye Olde Balde One

Superlite wrote:Your not gonna beat the weight of the giant showbike's frame and find a better one within 150g of it.

Unless of course the TCR Advance really sucks, but Jan's gonna be riding it, so I wouldn't count it it.

The Scott didn't make the list because of it's nonavailability in the US.

I want to try to beat the weight of the bike, not the frame (but a project like this is going to take counting every gram to a new level!) :twisted:
Last edited by Ye Olde Balde One on Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ride lightly!

Superlite

by Superlite

Event the CR1 is around 90g heavier then the TCR advanced. We just gotta wait this one out though, until one of us get our grubby little fingers on one. :wink:

cadence90

by cadence90

Is this bike for you Ye Olde, or just a project? Aren't you pretty tall? How are you going to beat the 50cm Giant, with your size frame and 180 cranks, etc.?
"Gimondi è un eroe umano, che viene sconfitto ma che continua la sua corsa fino a tornare a vincere." - Enrico Ruggeri

Ye Olde Balde One

by Ye Olde Balde One

cadence90 wrote:Is this bike for you Ye Olde, or just a project? Aren't you pretty tall? How are you going to beat the 50cm Giant, with your size frame and 180 cranks, etc.?

This is going to be for me to ride. It's the final part of what I've been looking at doing and talking about - I have the "spare" bike done and everything ordered I don't have already (frame and one wheelset), and now I'm working on the final beast for the CA Triple Crown, Climb to Kaiser and Spooktacular.

So in the C0.9 I will need their "59cm" frame (it's sloping) and yes, 180mm cranks (probably FRM Cu2 ISIS).

You hit on what would make it really cool, me equalling the WW show bike for the vertically challenged (in comparison), with a real world bike (capable of being used for the CA Triple Crown) sized to fit me :twisted:

My goal would be to get within 1/2lb.
Ride lightly!

cadence90

by cadence90

Is your spare bike the "FRM"? How long is that taking to get here?
Very cool, and good luck. You said C0.9, are you going with that?
Are the Storcks available fairly quickly through Storck USA?
"Gimondi è un eroe umano, che viene sconfitto ma che continua la sua corsa fino a tornare a vincere." - Enrico Ruggeri

ks_rider

by ks_rider

http://fondriest-usa.com/frameset.php?frame=topcarbon

930 gram frame and 319 gram fork, includes the seat post 29.4mm diameter. Its a steal at $4900 direct from Fondriest. :wink:

Ye Olde Balde One

by Ye Olde Balde One

cadence90 wrote:Is your spare bike the "FRM"? How long is that taking to get here?

No I decided on a Spada, he's building me one with U2 tubes and Deda carbon seat and chainstays.

I think I'm going to get a C0.9, I was told they are available shortly.
Ride lightly!

spytech

by spytech

Ye Olde Balde One wrote:
cadence90 wrote:Is your spare bike the "FRM"? How long is that taking to get here?

No I decided on a Spada, he's building me one with U2 tubes and Deda carbon seat and chainstays.

I think I'm going to get a C0.9, I was told they are available shortly.

why not go with a scott frame? btw i like that top carbon frame.

Ye Olde Balde One

by Ye Olde Balde One

Because the Scott frame isn't available in the US.

I got passed a build list on the C 0.9 showbike Storck built for last years shows, it was 4.567kg :!:
Ride lightly!

Superlite

by Superlite

I got passed a build list on the C 0.9 showbike Storck built for last years shows, it was 4.567kg

I know a guy who saw the thing, but that was a show bike, carbon rings and such.

Besides, wait till May and get the TCR advanced, you could take another 180g off of that! :twisted:

Ye Olde Balde One

by Ye Olde Balde One

Superlite wrote:
I got passed a build list on the C 0.9 showbike Storck built for last years shows, it was 4.567kg

I know a guy who saw the thing, but that was a show bike, carbon rings and such.

Besides, wait till May and get the TCR advanced, you could take another 180g off of that! :twisted:

Yes, but if I can make that weight with real world components.... :twisted:

I can't wait until May, Triple Crown starts April 17th. and I have Hemet Double as a warmup on the 3rd.
Ride lightly!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Ye Olde Balde One

by Ye Olde Balde One

Does anyone know the seat post diameter of the C0.9? I can't find it on the Storck website anywhere.
Ride lightly!