The Venge is Dead. And my C59 is in the states.

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

carbonLORD
in the industry

by carbonLORD

Sounds good to me, assuming I get a bike sorted this week. You can reach me through my web site listed in my sig. I'm actually linked up with two teams here in Amsterdam that ride regularly, but I'm sure you probably are as well. Let me know. Thanks again.
carbonLORD.com

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

carbonLORD
in the industry

by carbonLORD

After closer inspection and some web searching I have concluded that the rear derailleur swung up and punched a hole in the frame. I then found ACR who does composite repair for a variety of industries including bicycles and they quoted €180 with a 3 day turnaround so I'm headed down this afternoon to drop it off.

https://www.facebook.com/Advancedcompositerepairs

I plan on reinforcing the underside with a thin piece of alloy similar to the anti-chain-suck that is already present on this frame.

Bad luck or poor design, I'll let you be the judge but this is better then paying twice that in shipping, waiting months and possibly being denied warranty for the mishap.
carbonLORD.com

Danza

by Danza

If by alloy you mean aluminum, I'd make sure it's anodized/painted and the carbon is clearcoated/painted well in that area.

Or get a titanium plate...

carbonLORD
in the industry

by carbonLORD

"Hey, it's me".

It's nice having Ciamillo make me whatever I want ;)

But it's also on the underside of the chain stay. Maybe I'll glue a 1 euro piece there..... Not rly.
carbonLORD.com

carbonLORD
in the industry

by carbonLORD

It's done. ACR posted a picture on their FaceBook page. I'll pick it up tomorrow! ...whew...

carbonLORD.com

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

carbonLORD wrote:After closer inspection and some web searching I have concluded that the rear derailleur swung up and punched a hole in the frame.

If this is true then I would make sure that derailleur shifting is set correctly.
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

Exar

by Exar

Wow, that was fast. I had a 58 frame lying around that you could have used but I'm glad to see that ACR helped you out so quickly.
Chains to the right!

carbonLORD
in the industry

by carbonLORD

stella-azzurra wrote:
carbonLORD wrote:After closer inspection and some web searching I have concluded that the rear derailleur swung up and punched a hole in the frame.

If this is true then I would make sure that derailleur shifting is set correctly.

Shifting is fine. Hitting the FD button at 30mph accidentally, not so much.

Still want to know why a RD swings up enough that the pulleys can touch the chain stay.
carbonLORD.com

carbonLORD
in the industry

by carbonLORD

Bikes back at home. I road it for a quick 10Km, it was raining. Feels great, cant even see the repair work. My wife looked at it while it was upside down (being cleaned) and said, "which side was it"? I'm pleased. Great work ACR. Many referrals in your future!
carbonLORD.com