"PRO" Cycling Discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

DartanianX

by DartanianX

Team Giant Shimano

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

petepeterson

by petepeterson

Not feeling it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

109er

by 109er

Giant has a few teams here in the US (Giant South, Giant Mid-Atlantic etc..) and the new Giant kits look a lot like those...fairly plain. I don't mind it, just kinda...blah. Now if they win a lot, they will catch on as is almost always the case.

http://usacrits.com/giant-bicycles-south/
green jacket, gold jacket...who gives a sh*t

Martin.F

by Martin.F

What helmet is this?

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Kask Infinity.

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

Last edited by nathanong87 on Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DartanianX

by DartanianX

And a custom spacer too!

MarkGiardini

by MarkGiardini

I don't mind that new Giant-Shimano kit, but when you think about it, the last three average looking, kits (Blanco, Belkin and now this one) all seem to have been 'rushed thru' to the dress maker as a result of the main sponsor bailing out at the last minute.

I think it will grow on me.
Last edited by MarkGiardini on Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
KWalker wrote:chill out perv dogs, homegirl is still only 17.

gravity

by gravity

@Mark

I think you're getting yourself confused between Rabo/Blanco/Belkin and Argos-Shimano/Giant-Shimano.

I was confused too at first..

MarkGiardini

by MarkGiardini

Gravity - I probably didn't word it right, I meant not just that one team, I mean overall - the last few kits on the World Tour list which have all looked average, seem to be as a result of them being rushed out the door.

When Rabobank decided at to drop their name from the team, the Blanco kit was rushed out, and then when Belkin stepped in, that kit was put together just before the TdF I think it was.
Now with ex Argos-Shimano, it seems the same thing has happened.

I don't mind the understated kits tho!
KWalker wrote:chill out perv dogs, homegirl is still only 17.

DartanianX

by DartanianX

IAM team Scott

ichobi

by ichobi

Best Jersey in the peloton imo

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

MarkTwain wrote:
xnavalav8r wrote:
KWalker wrote:If you didn't see the race then why comment?

Because it is unclear from the clip if that was from during the race or after. If it was during, it looks like cadel was giving away a win. If it is after, it looks like a congratulatory handshake. I was curious what I was looking at.

In what professional race, or even amauteur racem would someone ever give the race away and go to shake hands before the finish line?

:doh:

I can't begin to count the number of times I have seen breakaway companions approach the finish line and shake hands or pat each other on the back knowing that only one of them is going to win. Usually one or the other knows he or she can't contest the sprint and accepts second place. Sometimes the rider just sits up, sometimes they attempt something resembling a sprint, but both riders know who is going to win.

Considering the pre-race interviews and Cadel's comments that the national jersey wasn't all that important in the grand scheme of things, it didn't seem implausible that he would let the younger rider take the accolades on the day... especially given the clip and no other information. I only knew Gerrans won and Evans was second.

But if you think cyclists don't often and regularly concede defeat and accept a second-place finish you are delusional. It happens all the time. Not always in such a sportsmanlike display as a handshake, often simply dropping the head and sitting up, but often with a congratulatory word, handshake, pat on the back, etc.

Here is one example.
http://inrng.com/2011/02/the-handshake/

Here is a more subtle example.

I won't comment on the suggestion that riders might actually buy their victories...

MarkTwain

by MarkTwain

The example you linked was for a stage race, so no comparison.

The second I have no idea on, but unless it was a one-day race (or at the very least comparable to a National title) see above.

And finally, given the UCI are increasing looking at race-doping (throwing races) why you'd figure two Pros would be that blatent is...staggering.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

pastronef

by pastronef

Greg Henderson switches from Bontrager to Gaerne too (Lotto team sponsor) https://twitter.com/WatermarkGlen/statu ... to/1/large

just Hansen will keep HIS shoes