"PRO" Cycling Discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

duz10s

by duz10s

DartanianX wrote:I think that I just vomited.

Yellow Fluro / Neri Sottoli 2014

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

that looks killer
2015 RCA with Di2

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

I'm looking foward to the early season Cav vs Sagan show down at San Luis

HakeemT

by HakeemT

Hepburn @ 407.9 W / 5.51 W/kg according to this tweet:
https://twitter.com/ammattipyoraily/statuses/421229834727985152

How does that compare to your output Nick / Tinea?

MarkGiardini

by MarkGiardini

btompkins0112 wrote:I know it will be different come March/April, but he has absolutely no definition in his legs in that photo....and a pudgy gut.....but as long as he smashes it in July none of it matters

Cav is a classic endomorph ; short, stocky build, rounded with strong legs, specially in the upper leg & thighs.
And he also gains fat and muscle very easily.
He knows what he needs to do when it counts tho, and he always looks a bit 'jolly' around the festive season so I am sure he's not fussed.
Just like Ullrich - always more made of his weight than any other cyclist of their day.
KWalker wrote:chill out perv dogs, homegirl is still only 17.

Tapeworm

by Tapeworm

@HakeemT - further details of that power output found here:- http://www.srm.de/news/road-cycling/cycling-australia-road-national-championships/

@MarkGiardini - somatotypes are the biggest load of junk science around. It's an old theory tied to psychology and it not accepted in modern medical circles. Quackery in the highest order. How this stuff perpetuates amazes me.
"Physiology is all just propaganda and lies... all waiting to be disproven by the next study."
"I'm not a real doctor; But I am a real worm; I am an actual worm." - TMBG

MarkGiardini

by MarkGiardini

Ok doctor.
KWalker wrote:chill out perv dogs, homegirl is still only 17.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

djconnel wrote:I find it fascinating these guys facing a full year of racing in Europe can come out with guns blazing at nationals in early January. Sure, these races are easy compared to racing the Tour or a spring classic, but still it seems luck a big kink in the normal pattern of preparing for a season.

Not just saying this because I'm racing, but if you really think any of the races are easy you're sorely mistaken.

TwiggyTN

by TwiggyTN

Alejet has some crazy geometry on his sleds if I recall from his Fassa days. I bet Speci did some kind of custom tube to tube build for him. They've had enough time...

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

euan

by euan

Apparently Sky testing new powermeters

https://twitter.com/CycleSystemsAc/stat ... 9272369152

By new it appears, new to them. SRM no longer listed as a sponsor on the Sky website.

Tapeworm

by Tapeworm

^ Wow, I would be surprised if SRM were swapped for Stages... but then money talks. Least they'll have very accurate left leg power measurements.

Though in relation to SRM sponsoring Sky, were they actual sponsors? I know Sky purchased a lot of their own gear.
"Physiology is all just propaganda and lies... all waiting to be disproven by the next study."
"I'm not a real doctor; But I am a real worm; I am an actual worm." - TMBG

CulBaire

by CulBaire

Tapeworm wrote:^ Wow, I would be surprised if SRM were swapped for Stages... but then money talks. Least they'll have very accurate left leg power measurements.

Though in relation to SRM sponsoring Sky, were they actual sponsors? I know Sky purchased a lot of their own gear.

Not Pro Tour I know... But MTB'er Geoff Kabush has been running a Stages for a while.

Surprising to see no SRM, but as said above money talks!
Last edited by CulBaire on Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

euan

by euan

They were down on the website as a sponsor, and on the cars too

micky

by micky

djconnel wrote:Seems like it's preferable to have more miles, less intensity, less chaos for Giro preparation. Park yourself somewhere warm with good roads and ride a lot.

But it's not always a matter of optimal preparation, but compromising among multiple goals and pressures.

And sponsors requests.

DartanianX

by DartanianX

If you weren't looking for it you wouldn't notice the stages power meter as Sky have gone to a lot of effort to keep the NDS crank arms hidden, but the bike in the upper right corner clearly has a stages power meter installed.

Also teams using what looks like Garmin head units in lieu of SRM PC7's

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

euan

by euan

Yep everyone now has a Garmin head unit, of course some riders could still be on an SRM