Which BB30 adapter for DA ?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

iscarrr

by iscarrr

eric wrote:KCNC makes one that is for GXP: http://www.enduroforkseals.com/id355.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Interesting, thanks for the link. Seems like technically KCNC only makes one for shimano, 24mm, but these guys customize it to work for GXP. Look good, not sure on weight. Guess similar to the standard KCNC, 118g? http://fairwheelbikes.com/kcnc-bb30-roa ... -2926.html

Just noticed the price sky rockets from $40 to $100 or $130 on these GXP ones :(

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

eric

by eric

Enduro puts ceramic hybrid bearings in there. That's probably a big part of the difference.

jooo

by jooo

I imagine you may be able to convert a few HT2 converters to GXP using the Hope sleeve?

velodude1

by velodude1

I have a praxis conversion BB on my super six evo and it's been perfect. It has been totally silent and spins better than any BB I've ever used. I just hope praxis can release a conversion BB that works with BBright so I can use it on my Cervelo.

VforVonnegut

by VforVonnegut

I know that BB30 - BSA adapters have been discussed ad nauseum, but I have question that could use the collective wisdom on WW:

What is the best BB30 to BSA adapter, if the Praxis Works adapter, which is the best on the market, (acc. to rumors) may not be compatible with my DA 7800 Wired SRM PCV-gen.?

In other words, I was wondering if anyone could:
1) Substantiate or debunk the rumors of incompatibility b/w Praxis and DA 7800 SRM; and if incompatible,
2) Propose a next-best option to Praxis?

If the Praxis does not indeed work, price is no object for another solution (within reason of course--the most obvious solution is to buy a BB30 quarq which is out of the question)

I'd appreciate any and all comments. Thanks!

r_mutt

by r_mutt

end the madness and buy a BB30 crank and BB. end of story!

Guerdi

by Guerdi

What is the best way to remove a Wheels Mfg. 30to24 adapter?

edit :
found an answer here : http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=94637

Zigmeister

by Zigmeister

eric wrote:Enduro puts ceramic hybrid bearings in there. That's probably a big part of the difference.

Exactly, they take the standard KCNC adapter and put several different bearings in the shell for different options.

Im running their BB86 version with full ceramic to adapt to my Quarq GXP cranks in my Scott Foil. Few hundred miles, so far so good. Although cant say I tell any difference between that and SRAMs standard bearings for $30 I was just running with the same setup.

Zigmeister

by Zigmeister

r_mutt wrote:end the madness and buy a BB30 crank and BB. end of story!

Not a bad idea, but if you are like me, running a Quarq PM with GXP, and you ever plan to swap frames, I've swapped frames 4 times in two years, then not really an option to keep spending money on expensive PM cranks that will fit the exact BB standard which varies amongst all of the manufacturers for whatever reason.

At least you can always adapt smaller to GXP or Shimano from the 30mm shells. Cant go the other way easily. Only think there is one adapter to make a larger BB30 crank fit in a smaller shell intended for 24mm cranks.

Many options to do the opposite.

r_mutt

by r_mutt

Zigmeister wrote:
r_mutt wrote:end the madness and buy a BB30 crank and BB. end of story!

Not a bad idea, but if you are like me, running a Quarq PM with GXP, and you ever plan to swap frames, I've swapped frames 4 times in two years, then not really an option to keep spending money on expensive PM cranks that will fit the exact BB standard which varies amongst all of the manufacturers for whatever reason.

At least you can always adapt smaller to GXP or Shimano from the 30mm shells. Cant go the other way easily. Only think there is one adapter to make a larger BB30 crank fit in a smaller shell intended for 24mm cranks.

Many options to do the opposite.

this is a good point i do have a Quarq BB30 powermeter. i have been fortunate enough that my last 3 frames used the BB30 standard. next year my team is running a BB386 frame so now i have to sell it and my options are limited. thinking of selling and buying a Garmin Vector now- but now i have to change pedal standards!

Zigmeister

by Zigmeister

^Next best option..then who cares what cranks..pedals will move anywhere.

eric

by eric

Quark offer (or used to offer) a service where they will move the PM from one type of crank to another. You have to pay for the new crank parts so it's not cheap, but it's cheaper than buying a complete new Quark.

A "BB30" Quark will fit in a BSA frame using a BSA30 style BB.

Zigmeister

by Zigmeister

^Interesting info. There customer service is outstanding. And since the spider/PM can be removed, this isn't a bad way to go. Just pay for the cranks, and they will swap/test/calibrate the PM for you.

Something to consider and remember in the future the next time I swap frames if it happens to be BB30.

Twalsh995

by Twalsh995

Hi
Ive been trawling the internet for information about what bearings/adapter/things I need to run an Ultegra 6700 Hollowtech II crank in a BB30, but havnt been able to find any absolute, solid list of what I need and this place seems to be the best to ask on as ye all seem fairly knowledgeable and know what yer talking ablout :)

I know I need an adapter made by Wheels Manufacturing but do I just need standard BB30 bearings then or do I need a full Ultegra Bottom Bracket? Or is it the "KCNC BB30 Road Adaptor Bottom Bracket" on Bike24 (cant post links)??

Also I know there are other systems but which is best/lightest? The wheels manufacturing one seems to get good rep.

Looking to clear this up once and for all now.
Cheers

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

There are multiple options:

1: Wheels manufacturing adapter with standard BB30 bearings
2: Full adapter BB (KCNC, Praxis, etc.)

I have experience with both, and for ease you cant really beat the Wheels Manufacturing delrin adapters. If you already have the BB30 bearings pressed in the frame all you have to do is grease and press fit the adapter into the bearings and install the cranks.

:thumbup: