Show me you light cross builds.

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

KvnP

by KvnP

Juan, I think you bought my CX-1 recently ! :beerchug:

Got any pics of the build ?
Parlee Z3c
Independent Fabrication SSR // 953
Independent Fabrication Planet X
Knolly Chilcotin

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KvnP

by KvnP

Yeap, that's me !
Looks good :thumbup:
Parlee Z3c
Independent Fabrication SSR // 953
Independent Fabrication Planet X
Knolly Chilcotin

Quicksilver

by Quicksilver

Sub 7 on a cross bike seems to me like a seriously light build if you want to keep uncompromised usability.

At the moment I'm trying hard to achieve that goal, starting off with a Stevens team carbon frame set.

Further items I bought:
Frameset 56 1650g
YOELEO Super Light 23MM Wide
Carbon Wheels Tubular 50MM 1300g
Tires Challenge Griffo XS 750g
Sytace Racelite steerer 46 wide 200g
Crankset Clavicula 48/36 550g
Stem Extralite 90g
Seatpost MCFK 130g
Saddle Spezialized Toupe 110g
Ultegra STI's 400g
FD Shimano CX-70 80g
RD Dura Ace 9700 160g
Cassette Dura Ace 12-28 200g
Pedals Eggbeater titan 230g
Brake Berner CX 180g
Chain KMC X10 SL 230g
Small parts 500g

Adds up to calculated 6760g. I'm pretty sure it gets damn close to keep it sub 7kg on actual scale.
I'll have all parts here next week. I keep you updated.

Christian
Carbon statt Kondition.

Quicksilver

by Quicksilver

Here you go. Shitty Phone Pix but I hope you get the idea.

Some items still on their way. Still in place silver Ultregra derailleur and Bontrager stem, which will get replaced.
Gladly tires arrived today. Look way better than the old ones with tan sidewalls :D

Downside: hits the scale with 7,3 kg. I don't really understand it. I thought I did my maths right. Since today I know the rims were little bit heavier than expected (1400 g) tires were 340 g, which is better than expected.
For sub 7 I have to ditch the heavy Ultegra STI's. Red yokes, light QR and cross brake levers still missing.

When finished I will make proper pix.

Greets to everybody on WW.

Carbon statt Kondition.

rasmussloth

by rasmussloth

Looks great.

Always weigh everything individually so that you know where you have miscalculated :-)

Did you remember headset and bb?

Quicksilver

by Quicksilver

Bottom bracket is about 80g. Standard THM part.

I don't know which headset was used. Got it with the frame. Relating to difference of calculated / real weight I have to admit, that you are absolutely correct. Next time I won't be so lazy again and put everything on the scale :evil:
I'm really curious what caused the difference. My prime suspect is the frame set. Maybe I'll check it out.

Finally Extralite stem arrived as well. I just ordered SRAM Red shifters and derailleurs. Everything on its way.

Have to get that fat sucker sub 7 without changing rims. If I fail I'll weigh without pedals :wink: NOT.
Last edited by Quicksilver on Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Carbon statt Kondition.

Peter_E

by Peter_E

Will try to finally get around to weigh and take a pic of my Scott Addict CX soon. It's around 6.8 kg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rasmussloth

by rasmussloth

spec?

r_mutt

by r_mutt

Quicksilver wrote:Here you go. Shitty Phone Pix but I hope you get the idea.

Some items still on their way. Still in place silver Ultregra derailleur and Bontrager stem, which will get replaced.
Gladly tires arrived today. Look way better than the old ones with tan sidewalls :D

Downside: hits the scale with 7,3 kg. I don't really understand it. I thought I did my maths right. Since today I know the rims were little bit heavier than expected (1400 g) tires were 340 g, which is better than expected.
For sub 7 I have to ditch the heavy Ultegra STI's. Red yokes, light QR and cross brake levers still missing.

When finished I will make proper pix.

Greets to everybody on WW.

Looking really nice.

Peter_E

by Peter_E

Here is my old faihful. 2010 Scott Addict CX RC. Sram Red 2013 shifter w X0 type2 rear derailleur. Force crank w Absolute Black 42t narrow/wide ring. Cassette is ultegra 11-28. Bar/stem is Pro PLT and pedals eggbeater 4ti. Spec Toupe seat. Brakes TRP EuroX carbon. Wheels are custom w DT240 hub rear, no name hub front and Planet X 20mm tubular rims. Dt comp spokes and brass nipples. Tufo tubulars.
Weight is 6.73. I think that's pretty good w heavy cassette and bars. W aluwheels (dt240/ambrosio chrono) it weighs 7.03.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quicksilver

by Quicksilver

Haha, silly me. Just about blowing my budget ;-)
Found an affordable Carbon Tune Olympic Gold wheel set. It's built of Zipp 285 rims and tune Mig/Mag. Couldn't resist. Should shave off 300 g. In addition to Red shifting group I should be able to reach 6700 g with full 2 x 10 setup.

Still have to find the heavy culprit of my miscalculation - even if it's my scale.
Carbon statt Kondition.

toride

by toride

Here's mine.
[url][URL=http://s1372.photobucket.com/user/adamtoride/media/SAM_0434_zpsc98ddcfc.jpg.html]Image[/url][/url]

Quicksilver

by Quicksilver

Finally all comes together. That Stevens bugger is done :D

Had to face some minor troubles. Was not aware that there was a 7 speed freewheel on the new wheel set. Thanks to tune support it was no hassle to check new parts.

Black shifting cables are virtually invisible and red braking cables make for nice contrast. Red yokes arrived as well. For the moment I decided to leave alone the Shimano CX front derailleur, despite it lacks a chain guard.

Ride is amazing. Feels reactive and stiff. CX tyres make for some nice comfort. Really like it. Spring arrives in Austria, so I'll have a fun ride this weekend.

I bought a new luggage scale, which throws out a mere 6.4 kg (cross checked it which bathroom scale, which says 6.5). So at last weight is where it should be. Project cost is about 3400 €, which is one grand more than expected. But I like the bike and there are plenty parts left for my next build. One Ridley crossbow has to be made. Won't be that ww but has be be on a budget and is meant to be sold with some profit.

Greetz out to everyone on ww.

A teaser for the Crossbow

Carbon statt Kondition.

Quicksilver

by Quicksilver

Those Scotts grow on me. Really nice bikes.
Carbon statt Kondition.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rasmussloth

by rasmussloth

Juanmoretime wrote:Like a fine wine this thread is maturing slowly. Something just hot about canti built cross bikes, kind of an old steel bike like a Colnago Masterlight.

Keep it coming!

+1

I'd love to see more bikes here.