"PRO" Cycling Discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

dont look like rapha to me

forgot this transfer happened

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

HillRPete

by HillRPete

KWalker wrote:In 2012 Wiggins won every stage race he entered.

It's interesting that success seems to be credited to the team a lot, and failure more blamed on the individual. Referring to Wiggins' 2013 season obviously. Maybe the team demands had just left him burnt out? (Just for the sake of discussion)

TurboKoo

by TurboKoo

KWalker wrote:..... What saddle is on that middle bike?

It is PRO AEROFUEL tri saddle.
Cannondale SuperSix
Shimano 9270

woz9683

by woz9683

nathanong87 wrote:forgot this transfer happened

I didn't! Can hardly wait for a real htc, I mean, omega pharma, leadout this season :twisted:

Monkeyboy3333

by Monkeyboy3333

Yep bring on the HTC train,

rmerka

by rmerka

djconnel wrote:Garmin on Vector, finally:

And running Q-rings with them! Supposedly a no-go according to Garmin.

petepeterson

by petepeterson

wassertreter wrote:
KWalker wrote:In 2012 Wiggins won every stage race he entered.

It's interesting that success seems to be credited to the team a lot, and failure more blamed on the individual. Referring to Wiggins' 2013 season obviously. Maybe the team demands had just left him burnt out? (Just for the sake of discussion)

Completely agree... Wiggins said it straight out that he wasn't willing to be anorexic and away from his family so much. It will be interesting to see how long Froome can keep up the lifestyle to maintain that level.

petepeterson

by petepeterson

Really like the look of the POC helmet front from the front but the side view no so much.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

rmerka wrote:

Which makes me wonder how it's fine on a P2M, but not Vector?

KWalker

by KWalker

Matt Lloyd sure has hit a new low with Jelly Belly.

As for Vector- the devil is in the maths. My guess is at some point Vector assumes a constant that can differ when non-round rings are involved? I could easily be wrong about this, but that would be my guess.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

petepeterson

by petepeterson

What do you expect in the current market when your last result was 2010. After hearing what some of the domestic US guys 'make' it would be interesting to find out what his salary is. Curious to see how he does if he can stay healthy.

vlastrada

by vlastrada

re oval rings/power.... I wonder how that would compare with the measurement error of an SRM set-up. Could it be ~second order, though?

some (incl Dr Ferrari) argue that for most riders oval rings make no measurable difference to power output/HR, though gains could be non-zero for taller strong riders a la Wiggins/Froome...

that said, most users seem quite positive about them and the (oval) story makes intuitive sense.... :?
Last edited by vlastrada on Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

MarkGiardini

by MarkGiardini

KWalker wrote:Matt Lloyd sure has hit a new low with Jelly Belly.

As for Vector- the devil is in the maths. My guess is at some point Vector assumes a constant that can differ when non-round rings are involved? I could easily be wrong about this, but that would be my guess.

I completely forgot about Lloyd.
His career never really recovered after his questionable behavior got him turfed from OPL a few years back, coupled with being knocked down by a car around the same time.

I remember watching a couple of interviews with him on Cycling Central here in Oz, and it was liked he'd been smoking weed all day - totally spaced out!
KWalker wrote:chill out perv dogs, homegirl is still only 17.

djconnel

by djconnel

Tinea Pedis wrote:
rmerka wrote:

It's simple: with the Q-rings the cadence is constantly changing around the pedal circle. So it's a matter of how often you measure cadence. If once per pedal stroke, there will be an error. If multiple (for example, 8 times) per pedal-stroke, the error will be small. Vector is once per pedalstroke. P2Max uses a different technique and is, IIRC, 50 times per pedal-stroke (although this is effectively reduced by data smoothing).

So you can use them with Vector, but you'll get a bit of an error. Compared to the error you get from Stages, for example, it's not a big deal.

I did a simulation in this blog post.

Note the error for round rings isn't zero. This is because cadence changes during a pedal stroke even for round rings due to changes in the force at different angles. I used old Metrigear data for the simulation (the initial developer of Vector -- they published pedal force diagrams on their blog).

deek

by deek

djconnel, do you have the old Metrigear data saved? Unfortunately their blog is no more and I thought that data was really interesting.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com