Tires (tubs) for training that are close to Veloflex

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

astranoc

by astranoc

Since I love riding my 50mm tubs, I am getting another pair of tubular wheels to ditch the clinchers to the commuter and use only tubs with the good bike. Now I have been riding veloflex carbon and they have been absolutely great, but I am looking for something more robust and I was thinking something in the lines of Veloflex/FMB/Dugast Roubaix line (with veloflex being the first choice as it has the most sensible price). I know it probably makes more sense to go to a cheaper butyl tub for everyday, but I really want to keep the same awesome feeling of riding the veloflex.

So what do you guys suggest?

I'd suggest starting with Search

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=53885" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=62619&start=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

there are many more

Edit: Thanks for the links but my question is more specific, how can I retain the quality of riding veloflex but in the same time get something more robust.

Then how about making your title more specific
Last edited by astranoc on Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CBRE

by CBRE

Id stick with Veloflex, I have not been able to flat them yet.
Curt Brown

2016 Cannondale EVO Etap 13.8#'s
2012 Cannondale Supersix EVO etap 13.7#'s
2017 Cannondale SUPER X Force 16.0#'s
2016 Cannondale FatCad2 28.1#'s
2011 Cannondale Carbon Flash 1 17.9#'s

LionelB

by LionelB

The veloflex roubaix is the same tubular as the veloflex carbon, it is just wider. An excellent choice.

sungod

by sungod

try a crank brothers speed lever, makes it much easier to fit/remove clinchers than traditional levers

aerozy

by aerozy

Until recently I would run Veloflex carbon's on all my bikes but they werent lasting very long on UK roads, basically getting cut all the time.

So now I've adopted the following:

- Vittoria's EVO's on my best bikes. Pretty much same feel as veloflex but way cheaper, almost half cheaper!
- Continental competitions on my commuter bike. They are very robust but ride like a rock. They have very good grip in the wet though so perfect for commuting.
Factor O2 Rim / Winspace 1500 Disk / Yoeleo R6 Rim / Cervelo S2 Rim

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

barsook77

by barsook77

Try the Vittoria Corsa CX. I use them when not of Veloflex Carbons. They are holding up great.