XPREZO T-29 steel 29er 10,04 kg - update May 22

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

DanW

by DanW

You can probably get away with it as it isn't a load bearing bolt as such but alu bolts of that size aren't designed to be torqued up to 4-5Nm as required. The worst that will happen is you'll snap the head off or round the head during installation. Even if you get away with it first time it might be a bugger if you need to ever tighten it mid ride and damage the bolt. Ti wouldn't weigh much more but would be a much safer bet.

devinci

by devinci

thanks Dan

will go Ti

Can't wait to get that rear brake now!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Getter

by Getter

Build faster! :D

devinci

by devinci

So I received the new seatpost clamp, made in Canada by a small business, staying in the Canada theme! The weight is disapointing though and I will need to swap the bolt to a Ti one.

here is the stock clamp. Notice the clamp's band is full.

Here is the new clamp

And it's weight

And here is a shot of a cut out I did in the stock clamp. It still weights too much even with that chunk of aluminium taken off.

Getter

by Getter

Straitline is mostly a DH oriented company. Their stuff is more burly than light. I got a pair of their pedals on my AM bike.

Looking forward to seeing more parts come in!

devinci

by devinci

Yeah. But I had seen a comment saying their 30mm clamp was 15g. Anyways, it looks good, and should be lighter with a Ti bolt.

Im not sure the diameter is really 30mm. When I tighten it up, the band closes entierly and both ends touch together. I need to tighten it quite good to prevent the seatpost from slipping.

devinci

by devinci

It's wheel time!!!

Here are my racing wheels, handbuilt by my friend and forum member LouisN: Stans crest 29er, sapim lazer, alu nipples and american classic hubs. The nude wheelset weights 1440g.

The weight shown includes the tubeless valves, rim tape, rotors and rotor Ti bolts.

Rear wheel, 142 x 12 axle

Front wheel, 100 x 15mm axle

KCNC razor 160mm rotor and Ti bolts

Rich_W

by Rich_W

Love the way this one is shaping up.

FWIW - I tried superlight rotors on my Scale 900SL build.

They work great on the scale, not so good on the trail. Worse than the poor braking performance, the hand fatigue and noise were awful. Was running them with Hope X2 race in my case.

DanW

by DanW

I also had mixed results with those rotors. They are one of the better light, good value rotors but are not without problems. They would overheat fairly easily and get what I can only describe as a shiny glazed surface for frictionless braking! This was worst on R1's and slightly better with XTR. Keeping them straight was a nightmare too as looking at them in a funny way would send them out of true. They were manageable for dry races with little elevation change but a pain elsewhere.

devinci

by devinci

Interesting

I have been riding those KCNC rotors for an entire season with my avid XO brakes. They were my racing wheelset only and I put arround 30 races on them in 2013, all Olympic Cross-Country style races. No problem so far. They do not brake as good as other rotors though.

DanW

by DanW

They are a pretty amazing mix of weight/ performance for the price (something this weight would have cost a fortune even 5 years ago and Stans coated alu rotors were one of the few reasonably affordable choices until fairly recently). For XC racing they are more than fine, just not the best for regular riding in all weathers and longer races with greater elevation changes.

devinci

by devinci

The crankset and computer unit, not WW at all and a good reminder about how much this bike will be ridden and raced hard :)

Currently waiting on new chainrings to replace worn out ones.

SRAM GXP SRM 175mm with 26/39 chainrings.

SRM PC7 headunit

SRM ant+ speed sensor

SRM handlebar mount

devinci

by devinci

Small update, added the front derailleur and a few pictures of the updated build. Still waiting on the rear brake and Ti bolts.

Shimano XT front derailleur

The bike!

CulBaire

by CulBaire

Looking good, it's getting there slowly!

I must say though, I am quite envious of the SRM ;-)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Quinn039

by Quinn039

Im liking the clean black and white look, really coming together nicely.

side note, what's with all SRM products looking like they're from the 80's?