How to improve Weight Weenies

Bring your questions & complaints to the Weight Weenies moderators, here! Also, News & Announcements. Use the other boards for bike related talks.
Florian
Site Admin

by Florian

cadence90 wrote::?: How do I find out if a certain topic is covered in the Forum, other than by scrolling through all past posting titles?
:idea: It would be great to have a search function in the Forum, to be able to look up specific topics/subjects/brands/etc.
:!:
Attachments
searchfunction.gif

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spytech

by spytech

lets start a training forum :idea:
thread started :arrow:
http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum ... .php?t=942

Cyco

by Cyco

Is there any way to have the page you are up to in a long thread marked as unread posts, rather than just the thread?
Success is how far you you bounce back up after being knocked down

Cyco

by Cyco

In the Listings section is it possible to add a sort function by size,so we could compare say just 53t chainrings?

Florian
Site Admin

by Florian

Cyco wrote:In the Listings section is it possible to add a sort function by size,so we could compare say just 53t chainrings?

When you click on the "size" column header, the listing is sorted like this:
http://weightweenies.starbike.com/listi ... ortby=size
Is this what you mean?

Cyco

by Cyco

Didn't know you could do that :oops:

bobalou

by bobalou

Perhaps a technical question as opposed to "improvement" .. I tried to post an image that is 220kb. Too big of course. I downloaded a clunky program to reduce the size, it's still to big after reducing 50% and converting from a .jpeg to .gif (which I thought was a smaller format). Anything lower then that and it's not worth posting as the resolution sucks.

Anyway, IMO ww's could improve for me if you allowed larger image sizes.

Or.. please give me a good suggestion as to how to retain good resolution without reducing the size of the image to not much begger then a thumbnail.

Thanks..

mises

by mises

How about a specific forum for single speed/fixed gear?

Cyco

by Cyco

Is there any way to incorperate a sub or superscript into the text of a message?

Neither the [font=superscript] or [superscript] commands seem to work.

AMPJim

by AMPJim

Its a great site...use it every day...also have supported GypzyBike....and like may others suggest a breakout of items into Road, Mtb, etc. like others its very importand for me as a user to really know if the item is suitable for my interests in Mtb....I realize some items may apply to both or all bikes...so include a value of 'all' for those items...then allow users to filter our/in Road/Mtb etc.

In addition, I have found many items out dated....out of production or the manufacturer out-of-business....so a general cleanup is warranted...I know any updates I have found I have shared Back to WW.

Now the big one....you are sitting on a gold mine....this information is NOT available elsewhere....publish it with suitable categories (Mtb/Road etc) and eliminate old items....then distribute to bike magazines throughout the world as an insert. Years ago, 1999 MountainBike Action had a section on light weight parts (Mtb)....it was soooooooooooo fantastic I still refer to it...yet they have never updated that info....so add some advertising of your own....or get the manufactures in your listing to kick-in some $$....they will get the exposure....WW will grow...and GypzyBike business will grow....win............win...........

Jim
Former bike AMP Research B4F4 @ 21lbs 14 oz and my new bike is an Italian ExtraLite F1 X3 @ 18lbs 14 oz's..on WW's and on the Light-Bikes web site

AMPJim

by AMPJim

:roll: As I have researched various items from WW's...found either that product or its manufacturer have problems....breakage...no longer made...out-of production...out-of-business etc...it would be meaningful to your users if this info could be captured and available...obviously with a disclaimer on WW's. Examples might include the Fly-Sports Propeller crankset, or Goldtec cassette, Morati Ti cranks, SPD cranks, or AMP no longer made etc.

Your links are great!!
Former bike AMP Research B4F4 @ 21lbs 14 oz and my new bike is an Italian ExtraLite F1 X3 @ 18lbs 14 oz's..on WW's and on the Light-Bikes web site

Boonen

by Boonen

I'm not sure if this belongs here or if I need to open a new thread for this, but I'll try it anyway :D

I was wondering if it's possible to improve the search option a bit so that you can find certain words in a topic a bit faster? I think it's great that the search words get extra visible by turning orange, but when a thread has a lot of pages it can take a while to find the page that the subject you are looking for is in. No idea if this is a quick fix or if it's possible at all, but maybe it's possible to somehow make it visible on which pages of a thread the searchwords are just to make the searching go faster.

If what I'm looking for is already possible please let me know, I remember this was the case for the last suggestion I made :oops: :lol:

drjones96

by drjones96

When a thread has a lot of pages and you want to go to a specific page in that thread it would be nice if you could key in a number for the page you want to go to.

Like if the thread has like 25 pages it only gives you the following options to pick on:

"1,2,3...23,24,25"

What if I wanted to go to page 13? I'd have to click on page after page until 13 came up.

madcow
Shop Owner

by madcow

drjones96 wrote:When a thread has a lot of pages and you want to go to a specific page in that thread it would be nice if you could key in a number for the page you want to go to.

Like if the thread has like 25 pages it only gives you the following options to pick on:

"1,2,3...23,24,25"

What if I wanted to go to page 13? I'd have to click on page after page until 13 came up.

DJ, I know this isn't exactly what you wanted, but here's a shortcut. There are 15posts per page on this forum.

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum ... c&start=45

See the last number in the url. That is page 4. Page 1 is 0, 2 is 15, 3, is 30, 4 is 45 and so on. So just think of the page you want, subtract 1 from that number and multiply the result by 15. If you want page 13, subtract 1=12, multiply that by 15 and put that into your url in place of the last number.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bike_add1ct

by bike_add1ct

I'm not sure wether this has been mentioned before: but what about a section for all off-topic chat? There's been a lot of that going on lately, and it's pretty much always posted in the "Road" section. In the "WW Café" or something one could also discuss the latest Olympics developments for instance, always interesting, and a lot of carbon fiber there as well :P