Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:26 am
Recently the board software has been updated and there are some known bugs/failures:
- Avatars are currently not being displayed ✔ FIXED
- Tapatalk connection is currently broken ✔ FIXED
- Avatars cannot be uploaded ✔ FIXED

Please note that we will soon do some changes in WW board template design in case to get a fully mobile/desktop responsiveness board!
If you find more errors please post it here: http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=139062


All times are UTC+01:00





Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Specialized Allez E5
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:04 am
Posts: 2693
Location: Mississippi
Is it me, or are those mech cable runs very long? Probably could save some weight by loping off a few inches there.....

_________________
Mosaic RS-1
http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=138478

Cielo by Chris King Cross Racer
http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=134376


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Specialized Allez E5
Posted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:53 pm 


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Specialized Allez E5
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:13 pm
Posts: 563
Location: Denmark. Yeeees
HaroldC wrote:
Quote:
About the decals... I'm really not sure. I like the look of your wheels, but on the other hand. I'm a bit worried that they'll look like china wheels.


That's why I left the 'Firecrest' and '303' stickers. A tiny splash of color that coordinates with the red accents on the group.

But there is no red on my bike.. So, i think i'll go for all black stickers.

btompkins0112 wrote:
Is it me, or are those mech cable runs very long? Probably could save some weight by loping off a few inches there.....

You are right and three hours ago, i cut them. Very nice!

_________________
Custom Rychtarski steel bike
Ridley X-ride 10
Custom Wittson Ti


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Specialized Allez E5
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:36 pm
Posts: 35
Great looking bike. Would be really interested in finding out the frame weight; I have a 58cm 2011 Allez E5 that I'm using as a winter bike. Want to upgrade various components, but that kind of goes against the point of using a winter bike.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Specialized Allez E5
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:13 pm
Posts: 563
Location: Denmark. Yeeees
Image
Picking up my O'symetric rings tomorrow. And sanding down the crank.

_________________
Custom Rychtarski steel bike
Ridley X-ride 10
Custom Wittson Ti


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Specialized Allez E5
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:13 pm
Posts: 563
Location: Denmark. Yeeees
Image
Image
Image
Image
The old Shimano crank with chainrings was almost 900 gram.

Still need my New ultimate seat post 170gram. And McFk saddle 70 gram.

- still need to change the brakes to.

_________________
Custom Rychtarski steel bike
Ridley X-ride 10
Custom Wittson Ti


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:32 pm 
Offline
in the industry
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:10 am
Posts: 616
Very nice. I recently sold my Trek 5200 winter/crit bike, and I am going to pick one of these Allez framesets up to build up. I've never ridden an aluminum road bike before, but I hear this one rides great.

_________________
S-Works Venge ViAS(7160g)
S-Works Venge(6220g)
S-Works Shiv(7450g)


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:44 pm
Posts: 28
Location: heaven, EU
beautiful frame. looks very good for an alloy. i wish my tarmac sl3 to be as stealthy


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:13 pm
Posts: 563
Location: Denmark. Yeeees
ProfessorChaos wrote:
Very nice. I recently sold my Trek 5200 winter/crit bike, and I am going to pick one of these Allez framesets up to build up. I've never ridden an aluminum road bike before, but I hear this one rides great.

I have never ridden this one either, so i have no idea how it runs. Well... i took it for a test drive when it was stock, but that's as good as no experience.

gotgame wrote:
beautiful frame. looks very good for an alloy. i wish my tarmac sl3 to be as stealthy

Well... the goal is still under 6.8 and it seems to be in my reach. It is very stealthy and the anodized aluminum has a very good finish. Good quality frame. It's my first Specialized and i always wanted one. So i'm happy.

_________________
Custom Rychtarski steel bike
Ridley X-ride 10
Custom Wittson Ti


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:34 am
Posts: 288
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Looking good, Daniel... :)

7.025 is without seatpost and saddle or...?

_________________
2012 Canyon Aeroad CF 8.0 Di2
2014 Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Di2


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:34 am
Posts: 288
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
You could consider decals like these...

I don't think it makes them look like China wheels... AND most important; you know it is not.

Image

_________________
2012 Canyon Aeroad CF 8.0 Di2
2014 Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Di2


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:13 pm
Posts: 563
Location: Denmark. Yeeees
Yes... So i looking at 100gram on a saddle and 170-190gram for a seatpost.

Well. I'll change the breaks, seat clamp, expander (trying some custom and homemade stuff.)
All so thinking of going back to supersonic. I'm selling my 404FC wheel set for a set of Wheelsmith Race38 C23. Thats 100 grams more of right there.
i want that bike under the 7kg. mark.

_________________
Custom Rychtarski steel bike
Ridley X-ride 10
Custom Wittson Ti


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:10 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:52 pm
Posts: 44
Location: Jersey, British Channel Islands
I reckon if you just removed the little red decals on the Zipp's they would look spot on. You already have white flashes in the saddle, bars and tyres so it works imo.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:40 am 
Offline
in the industry
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:10 am
Posts: 616
Elrey wrote:
Yes... So i looking at 100gram on a saddle and 170-190gram for a seatpost.

Well. I'll change the breaks, seat clamp, expander (trying some custom and homemade stuff.)
All so thinking of going back to supersonic. I'm selling my 404FC wheel set for a set of Wheelsmith Race38 C23. Thats 100 grams more of right there.
i want that bike under the 7kg. mark.



I have some suggestions that might help. I have a Bontrager Race XXX seatpost I kept from my 5200 build I am going to use on my Allez when I build it. It was I believe 165g uncut. That should help a lot. For the expander you really can't beat an Extralite Ultrastar 2 @7g. I have one of those waiting for the build too.

I might just have to bring a frameset home this week. All of these Allez builds on here lately are making me want one really bad. I have everything I need except cranks, handlebars, and stem. Unfortunately, we are sold sold of any S-Works crank arms smaller than 175mm, and I need 170mm. I think I am going to go with our new Aerofly handlebars, but they are out of stock now too. I got to see some of the first ones we shipped out to our dealers about a month back. Really nice looking bars. Very similar to the Vuka Sprints I have on my S2.

_________________
S-Works Venge ViAS(7160g)
S-Works Venge(6220g)
S-Works Shiv(7450g)


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:13 pm
Posts: 563
Location: Denmark. Yeeees
NoiseBoy wrote:
I reckon if you just removed the little red decals on the Zipp's they would look spot on. You already have white flashes in the saddle, bars and tyres so it works imo.

I'm changing the saddle to an all black saddle. And the 404 are probably sold tomorrow. So i'll email wheelsmith for some new wheels.

ProfessorChaos wrote:
Elrey wrote:
Yes... So i looking at 100gram on a saddle and 170-190gram for a seatpost.

Well. I'll change the breaks, seat clamp, expander (trying some custom and homemade stuff.)
All so thinking of going back to supersonic. I'm selling my 404FC wheel set for a set of Wheelsmith Race38 C23. Thats 100 grams more of right there.
i want that bike under the 7kg. mark.



I have some suggestions that might help. I have a Bontrager Race XXX seatpost I kept from my 5200 build I am going to use on my Allez when I build it. It was I believe 165g uncut. That should help a lot. For the expander you really can't beat an Extralite Ultrastar 2 @7g. I have one of those waiting for the build too.

I might just have to bring a frameset home this week. All of these Allez builds on here lately are making me want one really bad. I have everything I need except cranks, handlebars, and stem. Unfortunately, we are sold sold of any S-Works crank arms smaller than 175mm, and I need 170mm. I think I am going to go with our new Aerofly handlebars, but they are out of stock now too. I got to see some of the first ones we shipped out to our dealers about a month back. Really nice looking bars. Very similar to the Vuka Sprints I have on my S2.

That Bontrager is crazy light! Nice. But i'll go for a KCNC Ti pro lite 142gram. I know that the Extralite Ultrastar is light, but if i can save some cash, make my on and get it down i weight. I found that way more fun and exciting. But thanks for the thoughts.

_________________
Custom Rychtarski steel bike
Ridley X-ride 10
Custom Wittson Ti


Top
   
Posted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:07 pm 


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:22 pm 
Offline
Shop Wrench

Joined: Thu May 30, 2013 12:54 am
Posts: 91
I really like this bike. Good to see Specialized putting some money into the development of alloy frames.
The 105 group is bulletproof aswell. Performes good, just change the cranks for aesthetics imo. :D


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. Attachment(s) My Scott Foil DI2 project (final build on page 2)

[ Go to page: 1 2 ]

in Introduce Yourself / Gallery - Please use metric weights.

muntos

23

4698

Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:42 pm

muntos View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Specialized Allez

in Introduce Yourself / Gallery - Please use metric weights.

ghyselinckr

0

782

Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:53 pm

ghyselinckr View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Upgrading A Specialized Allez

[ Go to page: 1 2 3 ]

in Road

JamesGRC

35

2708

Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:43 pm

Frankie - B View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Flatbar Allez fun bike..

in Introduce Yourself / Gallery - Please use metric weights.

j0oftheworld

12

1268

Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:08 pm

AZR3 View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Allez DSW Sprint 2x -> 1x conversion

in Road

stk57

4

510

Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:58 pm

stk57 View the latest post


All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], wai2fast and 17 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited