2013 Specialized Allez Race E5 OSBB (updated photos)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

HaroldC

by HaroldC

CBJ wrote:Harold post looks really nice fits the bike much better than the Specialized would have. Which Garmin mount is that?

Thanks.

It's the Garmin Out Front mount. I really like it for a few reasons. I looked into every one of the mounts out there currently and I liked this one the best because the Garmin is mounted in line with the bar, as the K-Edge does. But it's plastic and there is a rubber ring on the inside that makes contact with the bar rather than bare aluminum. In the event that a I have any incident that puts pressure on the mount, because it's plastic and attached with rubber it will break first and not damage the bar.

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Nice ride! What's your set up? (saddle height, drop, reach etc)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

HaroldC

by HaroldC

ultyguy wrote:Nice ride! What's your set up? (saddle height, drop, reach etc)

Thanks.

Measured from last BG fit:
Saddle height: 76 cm
Drop: 8.7 cm
Reach: 57 cm
Saddle fore-aft: 7.2 cm

tonytourist

by tonytourist

I could ride your bike as is! :shock: 8)

ultyguy

by ultyguy

thanks for the measurements, would work for me w/out looking to werid (long legs). Enjoy!

kets

by kets

Super stealth!!
Been trying to find answers on this one,
Whats the clamp size of the FD clamp?
31.8 or 34.9?
How does it ride?

53x12

by 53x12

Harold, now that you have had the bike up and going for most of this season, what have you thought so far?
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

photocycler

by photocycler

I am considering the specialized allez e5 osbb but am in between sizes. I normally run a 530 TT with a 100mm stem and usually need at least a 120mm head tube.

Looking at the 52 its 537 so I would have to run a 90mm stem which I am not crazy about. The 48mm has a 518 which is short but I could run a 110 stem, my main concern is the short head tube-I would have to run a godly amount of spacers.

Anyone in the same situation, would like to hear any comments on how the fit is and the ride. My saddle height is 690mm

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

photocycler wrote:I am considering the specialized allez e5 osbb but am in between sizes. I normally run a 530 TT with a 100mm stem and usually need at least a 120mm head tube.

Looking at the 52 its 537 so I would have to run a 90mm stem which I am not crazy about. The 48mm has a 518 which is short but I could run a 110 stem, my main concern is the short head tube-I would have to run a godly amount of spacers.

Anyone in the same situation, would like to hear any comments on how the fit is and the ride. My saddle height is 690mm

what's the stack and reach or both frames. Use those to compare. Pure TT lengths can be misleading.

weekapaugin

by weekapaugin

Stack and reach of the 2 frames (49 & 52) are the same, but the 49 has a ridiculous 100mm HT. All they do is make the ST and HT steeper to be able to list an effectively shorter TT.

natefontaine

by natefontaine

31.8 clamp size

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

I really want to build one of these up lately for some reason. How do you like the ride? Stunning build btw.

Miller76

by Miller76

I'm not sure what I was expecting when I saw the title of the build, but this really is a great looking build!! Congrats, enjoy!!!

HaroldC

by HaroldC

Thanks for the compliments everyone!

After a year of racing this bike......... I loved it! It was nimble, comfortable (with full carbon cockpit) and super stiff. The bike had no problem reacting to my power and did well in the final sprint of each race. I am really looking forward to racing the Allez again this season.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

HaroldC wrote:Thanks for the compliments everyone!

After a year of racing this bike......... I loved it! It was nimble, comfortable (with full carbon cockpit) and super stiff. The bike had no problem reacting to my power and did well in the final sprint of each race. I am really looking forward to racing the Allez again this season.

Good to know. I think I'm going to go ahead and take a frameset home from work this coming week. It won't be quite as nice as your build, just all the stuff I kept from my 5200 build.