Seven Elium Race

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

fa63

by fa63

Here is my Seven Elium Race with a Serotta F3 fork, full Campy Record 10 speed groupset, and custom carbon clinchers built up with Reynolds 46 SLG rims/White Industries T11 hubs. I acquired this recently in a local sale for a great price (minus the wheels; it came with a pair of Mavic wheels); the owner said he rode it a handful of times then decided he didn't enjoy road cycling as much as he thought he would. I suppose his loss is my gain; made even better by the fact that the geometry works very well for me and I have always lusted after Seven's Ti-Carbon creations.

Sits right at 7.6 kg as shown.

Last edited by fa63 on Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Powerful Pete
Location: Lima, Peru and the Washington DC area - it's complicated.

by Powerful Pete

Fantastic lookin' bike and not half bad weight. And you picked this up locally?

Most excellent!
Road bike: Cervelo R3, Campagnolo Chorus/Record mix...
Supercommuter: Jamis Renegade...
Oldie but goodie: De Rosa Professional Slx, Campagnolo C-Record...
And you can call me Macktastik Honey Pete Kicks, thank you.

fa63

by fa63

Made a few changes, most notable being a new saddle (Brooks Cambium) and a seatpost with a slightly more setback. Also a 13-29 cassette so I can stay in the big ring longer, which I prefer.

Love the bike; I have ridden my other bikes just a handful of times since getting this one.

kgt

by kgt

Nice saddle, an all black-matt seatpost would look better.

fa63

by fa63

Thanks. Stripping the seatpost is on my list of things to do. Or I might get a titanium one. Haven't made up my mind yet.

irongatsby

by irongatsby

Nice bike. I agree w kgt. matte carbon would be great. I think Ti would look a bit top heavy in this case.

nd2rc

by nd2rc

How's the saddle? I've been eyeing one

solarider

by solarider

Such a fabulous looking bike, and definitely agree that matte black carbon would look good, but something with less extreme layback would look even better assuming the bike was correctly fitted.

I notice it wasn't customized for you since you picked it up used, but even so that does seem quite an extreme position behind the BB to need such a seatpost.

fa63

by fa63

nd2rc wrote:How's the saddle? I've been eyeing one

The saddle is quite good. It took a while to dial in the tilt, and I wish the nose was a bit narrower, but other than those I really have no complaints. It hasn't been eating through my bibs or anything like that, either (in case you are wondering, as some have suggested the rough texture of the cover might damage bibs).

solarider wrote:Such a fabulous looking bike, and definitely agree that matte black carbon would look good, but something with less extreme layback would look even better assuming the bike was correctly fitted.

I notice it wasn't customized for you since you picked it up used, but even so that does seem quite an extreme position behind the BB to need such a seatpost.

Thanks. My long femurs require a lot of setback (about 10.5 cm), as confirmed by multiple fit sessions using different methods. For my custom geometry bikes, I spec 72 - 72.5 degree STA so that I can use a 25 mm setback seatpost. This frame has a 73 degree STA, and I tried running a 25 mm setback seatpost (as seen in the first picture) but couldn't get the saddle where I needed it, so I have resorted to a 32 mm setback seatpost. Also, because of the rail positioning and shape of the Cambium saddle, the setback seems to look a little more extreme.

fa63

by fa63

New wheels; H+ Son TB14 rims laced to BHS hubs. This is my first time on 23mm wide rims and it does seem to make a small but tangible difference. Also, my Veloflex Corsa 25 mm tires actually measure 25 mm for the first time (they are around 23.5 on regular rims).

fa63

by fa63

New seatpost (PMP carbon) and stem (Ritchey Carbon Matrix, with decals sanded off). Also went back to my trusty Specialized Romin saddle.

CaptainP

by CaptainP

Post looks way better.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com