HOT: Active* forum members generally gain 5% discount at starbike.com store!
Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Articles FAQ Contact About

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 7:39 pm 
Administrator

First up are the dates; from Wednesday April 19, 2006 to April 23, 2006. If you can only make it for a day or two the schedule will be posted so you can jump in where ever you can or make your own schedule if there are other things you would like to do while visiting the Chattanooga area.

We thought since other than seeing pictures and the result of keystrokes it would be fun to start with a greet and meet on Wednesday evening with a time to be determined. Here is the information on where that would take place:

The Big River, a brew pub/ restaurant located between 2nd and 3rd Streets on Broad Street and a link:

https://travel.yahoo.com/p-tavelguide-2 ... hattanooga

Next up is a tentative schedule of the events:

Wednesday: Arrival and the meet and greet.

Thursday Time Trial Day: Thursday 8am factory tour and then get to the top of the climb of the TT stage (Nickajack, GA) which apparently runs between 11am and 3pm. Thursday afternoon the chance to possible ride the Suck Creek Loop or just hang out downtown check out the Aquariums and the finish line festival. Thursday night either Lupi's Pizza or Pisa Pizza (depending on Group size).

Friday: As for friday activities, most likely breakfast in the morning then watch the start in Dalton, Ga which is only 20 minutes from Chattanooga, then we can possibly split up. Those who want to ride a lot can do the 3 States, 3 Mountains metric century loop, and those who want to enjoy watching the first mountain stage can head out on the TdG race course.

Saturday: Here we will steal a page from the Herbert's playbook as this is what they did last year. Drive from Chattanooga to Blairsville, Ga and then ride from there to Unicoi Gap, sounds just like the name of a Litespeed model, and watch the racers go by and backtrack half way up Brasstown Bald and see the racers climb to the finish then return to Blairsville were there is a very good all you can eat pizza parlor. Then we have a couple of options to be determined. We can either go back to Chattanooga or go as a group to Atlanta hang out and stay the night and then watch the finish in Alphretta.

Sunday: Watch the race and or just go home. A third possibility would be to go for a ride and then go home.

With the options on certain days if you have a preference of suggestions please PM me.

Lodging:

Here is the lodging information should you need a place to stay:

The city of Chattanooga has a special rate set up at three different hotles during the races. The ChooChoo would be a fun place to bump into the racers as that is where they will be staying. You can go to the below link to book the your room. The Staybridge can just be called at XXX-XXX-XXXX and just mention you’re a fan of the TDG.

http://www.chattanoogafun.com/tourdegeo ... hotesl.asp

Here is the tentative list of attendees and if your not here please P.M. to add you to the list. Also if you are attending with friends if you could give me a head count or if the are ww’s their user name so I can add them to the list.

Bloodsport, Mathi, CaptainWilier + a few, iubike, climbingcue, jb35, bikemesenger, Juanmoretime + 4, Herbert, kAb, TASSTS, cyclemanpat, 1 Lite Ghisallo, BikeTech, wishIwassponsored, ZeroG, Tom, Richardh, tpatnode, AceVentra, swinter, drjones96 and Tibikenut :D :D :D

-First one over the cliff wins!

Last edited by Juanmoretime on Mon May 22, 2006 3:11 pm, edited 33 times in total.

Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 7:39 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 7:45 pm 

I might be down for a weight weenie meeting...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 7:50 pm 

put my name down for this trip, sounds like fun !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:32 pm 

Sounds like fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:53 pm 

I'm in Urbana with Mr. Juan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:01 pm 
Administrator

This isn't intended to seperate everyone as everyone would be welcomed but some would have to travel a bit futher.

Come on guys how about some more ideas on what we could do. I know you guys are more creative than this.

Demo rides on Litespeeds and Merlins maybe?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:06 pm 

I would be up for it, and if it was kept a bit more "open" we would be there with Scotts for demos as well as some swag, B town is also a good area for a meeting, Indiana isn't the cross road of America for no reason! :) Riding here is top notch too.

K

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:12 am 

Sounds like a good idea...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:33 am 

A good idea I think, but can we have a category for lightest "heavy" bike, :wink: to appease the steel Luddites among us?

8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:50 am 

Sounds like a great idea, it could possibly be scheduled around the Tour of Georgia time trial that finishes in Chattanooga, TN and the next days stage starts in Dalton, GA or possibley around a century such as The 3 State 3 Mountain Century.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:33 pm 
Shop Owner

I would up for it. Someone should PM Herbert about this thread because he does not check the boards religously like we do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:04 pm 
Administrator

bikemesenger wrote:
I would up for it. Someone should PM Herbert about this thread because he does not check the boards religously like we do.

Done!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:38 pm 

Juan got it done indeed. :-)
I think it would be a great idea to have a Weight Weenies gathering either around the TdG or really any other time. But I think coming here for the race and also having a gathering at that time makes the most sense.
Let's get a rough idea how many people would find that idea enticing and then we can figure out more details.
Cheers,
Herbert

Litespeed
www.litespeed.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:01 pm 

We should do a gathering at superweek. See if any of these weenies actually race their bikes :wink: :lol: :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:42 pm 

Herbert wrote:
Juan got it done indeed. :-)
I think it would be a great idea to have a Weight Weenies gathering either around the TdG or really any other time. But I think coming here for the race and also having a gathering at that time makes the most sense.
Let's get a rough idea how many people would find that idea enticing and then we can figure out more details.
Cheers,
Herbert

Litespeed
www.litespeed.com

count me in. i'm sure i could gather some folks around the area as well

Post subject:
Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:42 pm 

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next