Hongfu FM-066/Chinese open mould frame thread

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Valbrona
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

by Valbrona

Now it just looks like you are trying to sell frames. There is a banner at the top where you could pay to advertise, if you want.

moshinho

by moshinho

Valbrona wrote:Now it just looks like you are trying to sell frames. There is a banner at the top where you could pay to advertise, if you want.

i'm not triyng to sell frames. i'm just triyng to get feedback about it because i want to buy an chinese carbon frame.
Everyone buy the fm015 or the fm066 but it's more expensive.
The fr322 it's similar or not? In quality?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

madonna

by madonna

Hi guys,

I am about to pull the trigger for FM066SL from Hong Fu. Do you send the $$$ to paypal account "Jenny8088@126.com"?
Really not sure if this can be trusted? Please advise !!!!

GONE4ARIDE

by GONE4ARIDE

Based on my experience, Hongfu is totally trustworthy. For peace of mind, you do have some level of buyer protection by using Paypal.

madonna wrote:Hi guys,

I am about to pull the trigger for FM066SL from Hong Fu. Do you send the $$$ to paypal account "Jenny8088@126.com"?
Really not sure if this can be trusted? Please advise !!!!

Skorp
Shop Wrench

by Skorp

Hi!

I'm buying a "new" frame. I have decided to go with a mint condition Scott Addict R2 2008 OR a HongFu FM066SL.
This is my second road bike.. I am currently riding a Cannondale Caad7 in a too big size. Very bad fit, and i feel uncomfortable on the bike. 1year on the road, so im at a pretty low level, but as a bike mechanic and a MTBR on the 10th year i have the urge to get a good bike..

Going to average 50km each week, besides biketrials and AM..Average 4hrs "mtb" a week..
Going to compete in two local races.
One harsh hill climb, and one really flat and fast race. (allways ends in a sprint, doesn't matter, im going to be in the back anyways)

So what would you recommend me?
What would you choose?

Cheers,

rowdysluggins

by rowdysluggins

I haven't ridden the HongFu, but I own two Addicts and one is a 2008 R2 ISP.
I love the handling of the Addicts (that's why I have two), I ride a medium (54) and that size fits me perfectly and handles better than any other bike I've ridden. I also own Merlin Works CR, and a PedalForce ZX3. They are both nice, but the Addict is quicker, lighter, and stiffer than either one. If you are after a size medium, you will not be disappointed by the Addict. Since all brands vary the geometry by size, I can't vouch for other sizes.

eric

by eric

I expect that being a 2008 the Addict has a straight steerer. The HongFu has a tapered steerer. I have an FM066sl and a 2009 Cervelo R3SL with a straight steerer (and Enve fork). The HongFu's front end is much stiffer and harsher riding than the Cervelo's. It's rear is not, it's slightly softer riding than the R3sl but about equal in stiffness in sprints (not that I stress it much there, I'm a skinny climber).

Not that the FM066sl is bad by any means but I prefer the ride on the Cervelo.

The #1 consideration of course is fit.

kulivontot

by kulivontot

Addict is an awesome frame. I think 2008 R2's have the lighter HMX frame.

Skorp
Shop Wrench

by Skorp

Both frames are obviously in the correct size.
Altough i think the geometry of the Addict is more agressive, while the hongfu is more forgiving.
i think that the hongfu is best when it comes to shockabsorbing in the frame aswell.. But the addict have been my fav frame for so long, and i like the design of it.

Kulivontot: The frame is the ISP versjon. Do you know the weight of the fork and frame?

eric

by eric

The Addict is not the correct size if the seat can't be positioned where you need it.

Are you selecting frame size by manufacturer stated size, effective top tube length, or stack and reach?

kulivontot

by kulivontot

Non-ISP was 790g according to Scott. I don't know how much the ISP adds.

rowdysluggins

by rowdysluggins

My 2008 looks identical to that and weighed 960g for the frame (with Press fit BB installed - about 50 grams) and 290g for the fork.
And yes, in that year the R2 was HMX also.

emi

by emi

Hello ,

I've decided to build China carbon roadbike. I have also decided to use a FM066SL frame from HongFu or similar.
(http://www.hongfu-bikes.com/html_produc ... 6-266.html)

But sitting here and trying to find the right frame size for me. I only have experience with MTB where I use a 17 "( Medium) frame bike. I have used a fit Calculator from Competative cyclist, and it is a nice tool. But I still feel unsure of the frame size. Also there are several different types of "Fit" ( Eddy, French and competative ) in the results of this calculator.

Is there anyone who can give me some general advice so I can decide on the frame size? The calculator recommends frames in the 52-54 region. But I do not know if it's wise to go up or down in size . If I have to choose between aggressive and non-aggressive sitting position I'd rather have more laid back (must have space for the belly, haha). I have heard the frame geometry should be approximatly like the Cannondale SuperSix, but unfortunatly that does not tell me much.

Any help would be appreciated !

My results from the Fit Calculator .

YOUR MEASUREMENTS

Inseam 77,5 Cm
Trunk 66,5 Cm
Forearm 33 Cm
Arm 58 Cm
Thigh 61,25 Cm
Lower Leg 52,5 Cm
Sternal Notch 143 Cm
Total Height 172 Cm

The Eddy Fit

Top Tube Length 52.3 - 52.7 Cm
Seat Tube Range CC 51.1 - 51.6 Cm
Seat Tube Range CT 52.6 - 53.1 Cm
Stem Length 9.5 - 10.1 Cm
BB Saddle Position 65 - 67 Cm
Saddle Handlebar 51.1 - 51.7 Cm
Saddle Setback 5.9 - 6.3 Cm
Seatpost Type Setback

The Competative Fit

Top Tube Length 52.3 - 52.7 Cm
Seat Tube Range CC 49.8 - 50.4 Cm
Seat Tube Range CT 51.4 - 51.9 Cm
Stem Length 10.6 - 11.2 Cm
BB Saddle Position 65.8 - 67.8 Cm
Saddle Handlebar 50.3 - 50.9 Cm
Saddle Setback 4.7 - 5.1 Cm
Seatpost Type Setback

The French Fit

Top Tube Length 53.5 - 53.9 Cm
Seat Tube Range CC 52.8 - 53.3 Cm
Seat Tube Range CT 54.3 - 54.8 Cm
Stem Length 9.7 - 10.3 Cm
BB Saddle Position 63.3 - 65.3 Cm
Saddle Handlebar 52.8 - 53.4 Cm
Saddle Setback 5.4 - 5.8 Cm
Seatpost Type Setback

seanblurr

by seanblurr

Back on topic…

I just picked up an FM069 from Hong fu (Canyon look-alike I guess?) in a size 50 and it came in at 880g. Bit heavier then expected with an advertised 780g+. Sorry no pictures yet, will make a thread in the gallery when the build is complete.
Instagram @seanblurr

ricey155

by ricey155

My fm099 was through velobuild, frames is fine but I don't like posts disappearing when you talk about frame issues, people need to be informed of issues seems a little under hand.

Nexus 4 kit kat

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com