Colnago Master 30th Anniversary AD4

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

mrfish

by mrfish

Nice, I always wanted one of those frames in black when I was a junior riding a Ribble. Personally I would go for some vintage rims as well, e.g. Mach CD2s, GEL330s or similar. Otherwise you've done a good job to use modern non-clashing parts. Unlike others I quite like the groupset, although 10 speed record would also be nice.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

legs 11

by legs 11

Sorry mate, in my eyes the parts just don't seem to work together. :?
Not knocking your choice.....it's a free country etc.
Pedalling Law Student.

micky

by micky

Love it!

NS

by NS

Don't see how the parts don't match, its polished metal and gloss black, if anything doesn't match a 30 year old frame its carbon just because its branded italian. The only other thing I considered was DA 25TH But I'm not paying twice as much for a group set that's half as good.

ScuderiaDouroux

by ScuderiaDouroux

Not matching is about more than just finish in this case, my friend. That "polished metal and gloss black" is on a crankset with an unprecedented and peculiar looking 4 arm, asymmetrical chainring bolt pattern. The Italian branded carbon you speak of has kept the same look (chainring aesthetics, hidden 5th bolt, etc.) since the mid 1980s. Whether it's a C-Record crank from '86 or a Record UT crank from '14, it essentially has the same aesthetics, other than color.

Just sayin'...
Long live the horizontal top tube, standard crankset, and Italian threaded bottom bracket.

NS

by NS

Knew this was going to divide opinion, in the end its my bike and I like it. In the end that's what counts. Don't mind criticism but dont really need the patronising tone though "my friend". I've tried campagnolo it makes my hands hurt... Just sayin..

ScuderiaDouroux

by ScuderiaDouroux

Calling you "my friend" was not meant to be patronizing; regardless of your taste, you're riding a beautiful Italian steel frame with modern components and I dig it.

The point of all this was not to tell you what to do with your bike. I hate when people on this forum do that and it's done all too often. It's just an opinion I hold that you could've used any other crankset (except Ultegra 6800), Campy or not, and it would probably better "match" the Master. 9000 is arguably the most "futuristic" looking crank on the market.

Enjoy your bike, and take some good photos!
Long live the horizontal top tube, standard crankset, and Italian threaded bottom bracket.

kgt

by kgt

Someone shows us his bike.
Someone else says: I don't like it for this and this reason.
The first one replies: I don't care what you think, it's mine and like it.

Why then presenting your bike in a forum? That is my question. Just ride it and be happy...

CaptainP

by CaptainP

kgt wrote:Someone shows us his bike.
Someone else says: I don't like it for this and this reason.
The first one replies: I don't care what you think, it's mine and like it.

Why then presenting your bike in a forum? That is my question. Just ride it and be happy...

So if one build a really beautiful bicycle (taste varies, and that is beautiful) one should not show it?

LOCK UP ALL BEAUTY! :wink:

KB

by KB

I like the bike and the DA9000. Well done mate.

jekyll man

by jekyll man

Screw what everyone else thinks, it's yours to be built how you want it :thumbup:

Personally I like it all except the Zipps, which are a bit shouty imo

A nod to old skool, whilst adding a modern hint; i'm quite sure that's what Mr C intended or he'd sell a module complete with bitd parts that didn't work...

If you wanted a proper retrobike, you'd have gone and bought a mexico :wink:
Official cafe stop tester

legs 11

by legs 11

Agreed, I can see what you want to achieve there.
I just thought it was an unusual mix, but we all like different things right?.....That's what makes the world go round.
Don't think the rather naff wheels in the pic help TBH? Take some pics with some shallow rims on it NS........ 8)
Pedalling Law Student.

Bregnhoj

by Bregnhoj

Beautiful

But, what a shame to see it set-up with Shimano. It most certainly deserves Campagnolo.
My bikes incl. De Rosa Superking and Cervelo R3
Twitter & Instagram - @mathiasbregnhoj

NS

by NS

I agree the 303's dont look right on it but I haven't got anything else right now. Well besides a pair of non matching Askiums that hold up my turbo bike. All my other wheels are disc

I think colnago masters have been equipped with shimano in the pro peleton more than they have campagnolo havent they? Going back as far as the Buckler team right up to Mapei

stanier

by stanier

I just joined to comment on this bike which I think looks the absolute business. Zipps, Dura Ace group and all.

I've fancied an AD4 master for a while now and searching the web for build pics I've been so inspired by this bike that I'm minded to build one like it for myself. Hardest bit to source so far is the Syntace stem shim which is proving very elusive!

Anyone know where I can get a size 53 AD4 master without a three month wait?

Cheers all
Last edited by stanier on Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com