lighten my Colnago!

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

KOGAN

by KOGAN

thanks again for replies guys!

Back to the saddlebag debate...cant stand having tools etc in pockets, doesnt look good, stretches the jersey and no where to put my phone, food etc..so keeping the bag :wink:

Will have a look into skewers, although searching the forums, general feeling it that the lightweight ones arent all that reliable!?

Will definitely have a look at neutrons, had a set of neutron tubs a few years a go but got rid of them.

Can anyone suggest a good ceramic b/b?

handlebars...got pro vibe 7s atm and they come in at 285g so definitely some room there to lose some weight. will check out the dedas.

anyone got any experience of Rotor 3d cranks? Can anyone explain the difference between the cranks in the Rotor range? Mainly a weight thing?
ianSWBB I will private message you about the DA9000 if thats ok.

why are people against the Ultegra Di2?

Any other thoughts, fire away :D

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

SalsaLover

by SalsaLover

I liked U2 on the early years, now that Bono has become a Media Celebrity not so much
Hucken The Fard Up !
Colnagos : C50 ST01 - Master 30th AD10 - C40 Mapei WC

ianSWBB
Shop Wrench

by ianSWBB

KOGAN
If you go for the DA9000 upgrade, then the Chris King Ceramic BB works well - weight 98gms
If you go for the Rotor cranks - then the matching Ceramic BB from Rotor
Rotor 3D - has a 24mm steel axle - weighs 540gms - takes standard Rotor BB cups - weigh 91gms in ceramic version + 125gms chainrings
Rotor 3D+ - has a 30mm aluminium axle - weighs 470gms - there are BB cups that will fit in your frame, from Rotor, that are designed to take BB30 cranks -weigh 86gms in ceramic version + 125gms chainrings
In theory, the 3D+ should feel stiffer as it is a 30mm diameter spindle instead of 24mm, but having tested both, I don't push enough torque through the system when riding to notice the difference!
To compare with the Dura Ace 9000 (683gms inc BB cups), the 3D+ with ceramic BB cups, would be total 681gms
Ultegra Di2 is very good for what it is (a basic groupset that has electronic shifting) - but it is a big jump upto Dura Ace - everything feels slicker and smoother with Dura Ace, far more Pro level than Club level
We are a Chris King & Rotor dealer too.
I got your PM thanks - I can't see where to send a reply, so can you just direct e-mail me and I'll reply to you from there
thanks, Ian SWBB

KOGAN

by KOGAN

Thanks for the suggestions IanSWBB, have dropped u an email!

PSM

by PSM

Back to saddle debate.

That saddlebag is killing your bike. It's like putting a roof rack on your Lambo. ;)

liam7020

by liam7020

PSM wrote:Back to saddle debate.

That saddlebag is killing your bike. It's like putting a roof rack on your Lambo. ;)

+1 on that. Ditch the saddlebag and buy yourself a decent jersey that doesn't stretch. For 146km you should be able to carry all your requirements in your jersey pockets.
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen

KOGAN

by KOGAN

whats the fascination with the saddle bag!? I wear a small/x small jersey and dont have room to fit everything into my pockets.

Another more important point... anyone have any views on these?

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/pro-vibe-carbon-road-handlebar/

Thinking they may save a few grams.

Cheers

kbbpll

by kbbpll

For the same price why not go with these http://www.wiggle.co.uk/3t-ergonova-ltd ... handlebar/ and lose another 10g? Perhaps you want the shape or the cable routing?

KOGAN

by KOGAN

Thanks for that suggestion kbbpll.

Not that sure on the shape of those tbh. Guessing the pro vibe carbons are the same shape as they pro vibe 7s i have atm.

Really like the shape of the drops on those. Anyone suggest a bar that has a narrower bar top section, like to have a better grip when climbing on the tops ;)

KOGAN

by KOGAN

So an update...

Ui2 now fitted, Ritchey Super Logic 2 40cm bars and now 170mm Rotor 3d cranks and Rotor rings.

8.3kg before....8.3kg now! haha! ah well, will get some light wheels in the new year.

Sorry about the rubbish photo...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/105852955@N06/11421517814/

PSM

by PSM

8.3!?! :shock:

KOGAN

by KOGAN

yes I was a bit shocked too! 48cm frame, got heavy mavic open pros with ultegra hub wheels on it. Even still pretty surprised where all the weight goes!?

KOGAN

by KOGAN

Hi

Wondered if you could help as I'm a bit puzzled!

I have a Colnago M10 which weighs 8.3kg. Now I realise Colnago's aren't featherweight frames but still for a 48cm bike, I feel this is quite a lot considering my build spec.

Other than the weight, I absolutely love riding the bike!

Here's a build list, be keen to hear your views :)

Colnago m10 48cm
Ritchey superlogic 2 carbon 40cm bars
3t arx pro 110mm stem
Colnago cork bar tape
Pro Vibe alu seatpost
Selle SMP Stratos saddle
Ultegra Ui2 throughout
Rotor 3d+ cranks 170mm
Rotor Q rings
Shimano ultegra pedals
Mavic open pros with Ultegra hubs and Vredstein Fortezza tyres.

thanks

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

Wheels 2000g
Seat post 300g
Cranks 800g

Those are probably your biggest offenders, with the gram at roughly 1200 or so, maybe more.

DMF

by DMF

Why wouldn't it add up? The handlebars seem like the only remotely light weight piece of kit you've got there. Bikes don't automatically get light because a frame is brand name carbon. You have to use light weight parts too... Boat anchor wheels with dependable, robust, run of the mill, functional-more-than-anything-else, mid-price kit. What did you expect?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com