Just looking for some input into a chain line issue I'm having on my Cannondale supersix, as the chain rubs the inside of the larger chainring when in 39 x 14 or lower:The Setup:
- Cannondale Supersix HiMod 2010 frame
- Cannondale Hollowgram SL crankset with BB30 - originally installed on a system six, the frame cracked and was replaced with the super six, all parts carried over
- 3 x 0.5m shims are installed between bearing shield and wave washer (note that instructions say upto 5 can be used - http://media.cannondale.com/media/Manua ... ent_en.pdf
- Fulcrum racing 1 hub running shimano ultegra 12-15 cassette, using the 1mm spacer as supplied with shimano hubs
- 39/53 front chainrings
- sram force for remaining group setThe Issue:
- The chain line seems too far inboard at the crankset relative to the rear cassette
- The main problem is that when I am in the small chain ring, the chain rubs against the inside of the big chain ring when in 14,13 or 12 on the rear cassette (note it does not rub the front derailleur, it is definitely the chain ring)The questions for WW experts:
- Has anyone else come across this issue?
- Would adding 2 more shims to the crankset be likely to solve the issue, or just compress the wave washer too much?
- Any other thoughts? e.g.I could remove or reduce the size of the 1mm spacer on the cassette, however then spoke clearance will likely be an issue.
I don't usually run 39 x 12 or 13, but not having the 39 x 14 is a bit of a pain.
Appreciate any assistance.