Felt 2014 AR1

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Zigmeister

by Zigmeister

^Interesting, directly from their website "rims from 18 mm to 26 mm in width" those brakes support from EEcycleworks.

How does that work on "wider" wheels, which they claim as a selling point for the $$$$?

Those won't work with just about any "aero/wide" wheel that is out now, virtually every one of those are 25mm at the brake track..of course, you want some clearance on the pads and rims, so basically, not sure how those EEs will even work as an option???

Oh well, plenty of other options, and less money at that.

liketoride

by liketoride

Superdave

I ordered a 58cm AR FRD frameset back in November and they told me that it was going to be ready late December and now i just got off the phone with my LBS and he told me that it got pushed back till mid Feb. Is that a good date? Thanks

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

contest

by contest

Hi

Does 2014 Felt AR1 frameset come with both mechanical/electronic accessories as standard and does it have the internal battery holder standard as well, included in the frameset. Thinking about buying one and interested in that. Would be great if it had all the things i need to have ultegra di2 6870 installed properly, once you have the opt. to go for internal battery, which is good for the looks.

Bridgey

by Bridgey

I'm in a tough situation. I really love the Felt AR2. Just love everything about it, but I have short arms and therefore need a high stack height. I am 5ft 10 (178cm).
The 54cm Felt is great reach wise but not enough stack. Would need 4cm of spacers (and probably still need to flip stem).
The 56cm is slightly too long reach wise (would probably need to convert to 90mm stem) but the Stack height is good (2cm of spacers with flipping stem).

or I could go a 56cm Cervelo S3 which has perfect stack and reach, but I don't like the colour and don't think it will be as aero even with only 1cm of spacers.

What would you do!! I have been stewing over this for 1mth.

justkeepedaling

by justkeepedaling

The Felt AR1 is probably very aero, but I still haven't seen data for a rider and water bottles. That would worry me. Get the S3, much better fit for you. I'm going the other way, just for price and fitment, I'm probably getting the felt

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

@Bridgey

The more spacers you have, the more drag there will be - which begins to negate the whole point of an aero frame.
Therefore, the S3 it will be.

Don't like the colour? Get it custom painted, or better yet: take off the paint and save some unnecessary weight. :twisted:
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

Zigmeister

by Zigmeister

Get the frameset only if you go Felt. Black matte finish with grey decals, stealth. Go smaller on the frame for sure. You can always run a longer stem slide saddle forward or backward to get your setup for reach and stack close.

Be pro, ride two sizes smaller like Matt Goss on his Scott Foil...ridiculous. 5'10", rides a 52cm with a 120mm HT size and 130mm stem slammed.

Oh yeah, remove a few CMs of spacers, its a race bike.

Mize

by Mize

Fingers crossed my AR1 arrives this week. LBS says likely and we've got 44 F on Saturday forecast which is good enough for me to leave the Tarmac at home.

mitchgixer6

by mitchgixer6

Where in the world are you Mize? I'm in the UK, still waiting......

Post some pictures please, if you get time between fitting a ride in!

liketoride

by liketoride

i would also like to know as i thought i would be getting mine in dec and now feb is the new date.

Mize

by Mize

I'm in Ohio, USA...not an FRD, only an AR1. Hoping...

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

liketoride

by liketoride

i live in CA. USA. my LBS just got the AR5 in stock.

liketoride

by liketoride

if you do get it let us know what you think. thanks

ianSWBB
Shop Wrench

by ianSWBB

Latest dates we have are mid Jan for the AR1 and end Feb for the AR FRD!

Merry Christmas to all :D
ianSWBB

Mize

by Mize

Still no AR1 here in Ohio. :(

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com