2011 Rock Shox Conversion to 15mm Thru Axle

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Dilberto88

by Dilberto88

I have a 2011 tapered, Reba XX 29 Dual Air with 9mmQR. I found a 2011 SID XX World Cup Dual Air lower, with 15mm TA. Can I swap the Reba XX internals directly into the SID WC? The lower leg cavity of the Reba is 57mm and the SID WC is 71mm. Can the Reba Dual Air chambers fit inside, or do I need to buy SID-specific ones? Also, does the XLoc Motion Control damper/lockout fit?

I know this is a long shot - but if anybody has done this conversion....I'd love to know about it. Thanks in advance.

TheRookie

by TheRookie

You won't be swapping internals at all will you? Either the REBA uppers fit into the SID lowers or not, first off measure stanchion diameter, if they are the same then try it, I did similar with some Manitous a while back and never had an issue, if it doesn't work, you'll find out soon enough and doing an upper swap will only take 10-15 minutes anyway (2 bolts to undo and do up!), it will take longer to research all the options!
Impoverished weight weenie wanna-be!
Budget 26" HT build viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110956

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Dilberto88

by Dilberto88

The Reba XX stanchions are 32mm, exactly the same as SID XX WC. My concern is the length of the air chamber rods.

TheRookie

by TheRookie

So measure up as you go, make sure the uppers go through the bushings in the lowers fully at top out and go try.

What is the length difference between retaining bolt head at the bottom and wiper seal at the top?
Impoverished weight weenie wanna-be!
Budget 26" HT build viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110956