Caad 10 w/custom paint job (Light blue & white decals)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

allardklijnstra

by allardklijnstra

Hey,

I've been reading on this forum for quite a while now. so i might aswell share my bike with you. :D
My priority isn't really the weight but making it competition ready.I'd rather have a solid bike then a breakdown.

Parts:
Ultegra 6700 grey
Cannondale Caad 10 (bought in 2010 but is a 2011 model)
Standard Cannondale Bars, stem and seatpost.
Proloq seat
BB30 bracked
FSA SL-K (carbon w/clear coat)
Wheels: Mavic reflex w/ dura-ace hub, FFWD f6r, maybe a new pair of tubulars.

Hoping to finish it this saturday. Mostly posting phone pictures but will get some better photo's when it's done.

Update's
http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=121549&p=1034375#p1034375
http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=121549&p=1034779#p1034779
Last edited by allardklijnstra on Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Stefano

by Stefano

Love the color! What cranks are those?

Looks like its gonna be a pretty solid crit machine :)

TimmS

by TimmS

Cranks look like FSA SL-K

allardklijnstra

by allardklijnstra

TimmS wrote:Cranks look like FSA SL-K

Yep that's right;)

Stefano wrote:Love the color! What cranks are those?

Looks like its gonna be a pretty solid crit machine :)

Thanks! They are FSA SL-K ones, as stated above. They had white/red decals on them but i had them removed at the paint shop. Buying new one's is around 300 euro and getting the decals back on would also cost a boatload as they didn't do that before. Really happy with the result!

It's main purpose is criteriums (~65km) and also classic's (~130km). Some results of previous years if you are interested: http://www.cyclingdatabase.com/rider/allard-klijnstra/13062

tvillumsen

by tvillumsen

Nice color! Looking forward to seeing the final build..

allardklijnstra

by allardklijnstra

tvillumsen wrote:Nice color! Looking forward to seeing the final build..

Thanks!

Update: new wheels
Was able to purchase a new pair of wheels: Reynolds 32 mm, 1100 gram, planet x skewers, tune mag rear hub and a reynolds 240s front hub.
Edit: No idea what skewers they are.

They seem very light to me.
Tubes seem to be glued really bad

phlip

by phlip

Wow, that colour looks really good! And the simplicty is striking as well. So much better than the original paintschemes from any past or present model year CAAD10.

And not many colours go well with the Ultegra grey, but this blue does! I think it would look great with the 6800 group too, especially with the 6800 crank.

allardklijnstra

by allardklijnstra

phlip wrote:Wow, that colour looks really good! And the simplicty is striking as well. So much better than the original paintschemes from any past or present model year CAAD10.

And not many colours go well with the Ultegra grey, but this blue does! I think it would look great with the 6800 group too, especially with the 6800 crank.

Thanks, yes it turned out very clean

allardklijnstra

by allardklijnstra

Finished building it today in Emmen. @ http://www.bikes4you.nl

Turned out great and the wheels i bought seemed very solid to them.

Finished with Reynolds wheels and retro vitoria's. Seat is from my fixed gear,i will swap it out for an proloq before the season.
Crank is clearly my favorite part of the bike, the gears have such an nice look tho them.

With my retro wheels when we where building it. :D

Will hopefully get some better shots soon (with a nikon)
Last edited by allardklijnstra on Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

Hey, that is at Bikes4You! one of the coolest shops in the northern part of Holland.

Great Cannondale
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

Stefano

by Stefano

Wow, that turned out even better than I was expecting!! Just took a look at those race results, looks like that machine will be getting quite a lot of miles :)

Kevin3182

by Kevin3182

Good looking bike.
could you post some more shots of the crank? I was thinking of stripping mine as well and just wanted a closer look!
thanks in advance!

CaptainP

by CaptainP

Kevin3182 wrote:Good looking bike.
could you post some more shots of the crank? I was thinking of stripping mine as well and just wanted a closer look!
thanks in advance!

Generally some more/better photos of the bike would be much appreciated - it looks stunning!

allardklijnstra

by allardklijnstra

Kevin3182 wrote:Good looking bike.
thanks in advance!

Yes sure, i will post an phone picture.
I will get some better photo's in general when i finish my wheels (glueing tubes and getting sponsor stickers)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Nelus

by Nelus

Looks very nice. Like the bleu. Mooie fiets. Espacially if the seat gets swapped. I noticed that you de logod the crank, seatpost and bar. Is the stem also gonna bee de logod? I must agree that this bike deserve some better pictures, but thats comming. Who has done the paint job?
i like the looks of the stripped slk crank mine is being stripped wright now to.
Everything is all right in the end, so if everything is not allright it's not the end