"PRO" Cycling Discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

DartanianX

by DartanianX

Trek Racing team using Bontrager shoes in 2014. Not continuing with Gaerne which isn't a surprise.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KWalker

by KWalker

So Drapac is like a more versatile, Aussie version of UHC? Kinda cool to see them step up.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

MarkGiardini

by MarkGiardini

Tinea Pedis wrote:Drapac's new Swift team bike scheme

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I like!

I checked out their (Swift) website - digging the TT frame!
http://www.swiftcarbon.com/wp-content/u ... iew-31.jpg
KWalker wrote:chill out perv dogs, homegirl is still only 17.

hasbeen

by hasbeen

Last I heard there wasnt a fan of the Bontrager shoes outside of Trek HQ. Always heard good things about the Gaerne though!?
I thought Bontrager was doing a decent job design wise on the shoes. Especially the three strap one. However, I never really understood why there is so much talk about who uses what shoe when all the top guys get custom or at least custom footbeds.
Casati Vola SLi and Dolan Preffisio
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=108931" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
btompkins0112 wrote:
It has the H2 geo......one step racier than a hybrid bike

michaelten

by michaelten

The Drapac Swift looks really good. I'm liking all the Swifts

pastronef

by pastronef

DartanianX wrote:Trek Racing team using Bontrager shoes in 2014. Not continuing with Gaerne which isn't a surprise.

let's see if Fabian likes them... :mrgreen:

KWalker

by KWalker

hasbeen wrote:Last I heard there wasnt a fan of the Bontrager shoes outside of Trek HQ. Always heard good things about the Gaerne though!?
I thought Bontrager was doing a decent job design wise on the shoes. Especially the three strap one. However, I never really understood why there is so much talk about who uses what shoe when all the top guys get custom or at least custom footbeds.

I know a few dudes that were on the Bontrager team and really did not like the shoes from 2011 and early 2012. Apparently in 2012 the sole was stiffened and the upper slightly changed and most liked the shoes much more after.

Having used them I'd say that they are definitely much higher quality than you'd think and a pretty good fit. Much nicer than Giro, Northwave, etc.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

LouisN

by LouisN

Anybody knows who owns Swift bikes ?
I'm curious since the local "Specialized Concept" dealer ( means sells just about only Spec. products ) carries the Swift frames.
I was wondering if there was a link...
They must know the right people, as coming from brand new brand in 2010 to Pro Team level Sponsorship in 2014... :?

Louis :)

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

kittle writes after being named sprinter of year

Four! I can’t believe it,” Kittel said after winning the final Tour de France stage this year. “It was a dream of mine to win on the Champs Élysées and now I’ve done it. I’m so proud — I started my sprint at 250 meters and pushed 1 million watts, and in the end, it was enough.
Last edited by nathanong87 on Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bura

by bura

AFAIK Swift Carbon bicycle company is co-owned by former South African Pro Mark Blewett with his Chinese partner and located in Xiamen,China.
Unsure about a link to Specialized.
Kuota Kom Evo
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=111825&p=955235#p955235" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SOLD

Stefano

by Stefano

@nathanong87,

While he does look like he could put out a million watts, I think the more plausible explanation is that the french word for 1,000 is mil, so a bad translator could have made a mistake and printed a million instead :)

Rob81

by Rob81

About Swift http://www.bikeradar.com/road/gear/arti ... ory-33576/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
and it's not unusual that frame look pretty familiar (maybe not the same but very similar) to some frames you can find being produced/sold by trading companies, guess where*, in Xiamen.

*Nothing wrong with that, it's where 99% of carbon frames, carbon rims/wheels, etc are actually produced.

pastronef

by pastronef

white and red Bontrager helmets for Trek team in 2014

https://twitter.com/FabioFelline/status ... to/1/large

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

pastronef

by pastronef