2012 Specialized Allez E5

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

nyoda

by nyoda

My beauty... 2012 Specialized Allez E5 that I bought as a frameset and built up. Sram Rival and Force BB30 cranks, rolling on Mavic Aksiums (blegh). Currently upgrading the wheels and stem (feels too long right now and I just bought an SL-K 100mm stem).

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

You found your way in! Welcome :thumbup:
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

nyoda

by nyoda

Haha yea I figured it out.

Valbrona
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

by Valbrona

You have weird looking domestic appliances in North America. Or maybe you work in a sperm bank and they're like fridges.

But white bikes have a habit of looking great. And it looks well set up.

nyoda

by nyoda

Appreciate the comments (even on my appliances haha)!

wolfesquire

by wolfesquire

What wheels are you planning to purchase?

nyoda

by nyoda

wolfesquire wrote:What wheels are you planning to purchase?

I was originally looking at Ksyrium Elites / SLs but lately I've been hearing good things about the Planet-X carbon wheels (except for their crappy rear hub bearings).

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

On top of that, you can get a set of handbuilt wheels for about the same prize, or cheaper then the Ksyriums and with that have a better wheelset.
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

nyoda

by nyoda

Frankie - B wrote:On top of that, you can get a set of handbuilt wheels for about the same prize, or cheaper then the Ksyriums and with that have a better wheelset.

Good looking out. On Planet-X though I just saw a pair of Shimano RS80 C24 Carbon wheels for $384 + shipping. Not bad at all.

vdrey

by vdrey

Frankie - B wrote:On top of that, you can get a set of handbuilt wheels for about the same prize, or cheaper then the Ksyriums and with that have a better wheelset.

I don't know if it would work for you, but I built a set of wheels with xr200s, dati hubs and a mix of sapim laser and race spokes. It comes out to 1300 grams and cost around $400, including shipping. I weigh 140 lbs (64kg) and they were fine. My dad uses them now and he is close to 170 and is running them without issues. He even went up some cat 2 mountains without any sort of rub.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

nyoda

by nyoda

I ended up buying the Shimano wheels after all and for the heck of it, bought a pair of Planet X forged brakes to replace the crappy Tektro set that I had on my old bike. Once I get those two things and the new stem installed, I'm gonna finally weigh it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SilentG

by SilentG

i had that same frame for 6 months and loved it. nice build, and enjoy the bike.

nyoda

by nyoda

Just a quick update on the E5. Installed the new stem and the RS80s. Waiting to install the Planet-X brakes (my university has a bike shop but it's closed for the Christmas holiday) before I give it the final weigh-in.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

m3ta1head

by m3ta1head

Looking very sharp. How do you find the ride quality of the Allez? I feel mine is a bit harsh over rough stuff.