T30 M6 Titanium bolts?

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

ms6073

by ms6073

Anyone know of a source for Torx T30 M6 Titanium bolts? Looked at TorontoCycles and JerseyCycles but only found torx bolts for mounting brake rotors. Also searched Ebay and found a seller in China but shipping apparently is via the proverbial slow boat from China estimated at 3-4 weeks.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Max Gravity

by Max Gravity

I used to get bolts from exeneli-store.com but they seem to be gone, anyone know what happened?
And since they are gone I started to look for a supplier myself and that was not easy, Allen head everywhere
Torx nowhere.
Well if the site has a submarine or a mayor industry on their homepage as customer it is not for "3 bolts for my bicycle" anyway.
I will follow this thread!
Max Gravity, unfairly treated by gravity!

DanW

by DanW

What is the requirement/ application for these? Just curious more than anything. Pro-bolt would be a good place to try if you haven't already but the bolt sounds unusual

ms6073

by ms6073

Trying to lighten up an already light set of mechanical disc brakes by finding a source to replace the steel Torx T30 caliper mounting bolts supplied with TRP Spyre SLC mechanical disc brakes as well as possibly replacements for the two torx bolts that clamp the caliper body together.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

DanW

by DanW

Do the caliper mounting bolts need to have the T30 head? Like-wise with the caliper bolts? It would appear a normal M6 Ti bolt would be fine in any head variety that takes your fancy

konky

by konky

Extralite do all manor of Ti bolts. Shipping from Italy to the US won't be cheap though.

Liggero

by Liggero

any bolt head would work perfectly.
Happy Trails !!!

DanW

by DanW

My thoughts exactly Liggero

ms6073

by ms6073

Compromised after I found out Avid markets just the Ti T25 M6 button head caliper mounting bolts used with the BB7 SL calipers.

Liggero wrote:any bolt head would work perfectly.
Yes, but the intent is to be able to make required adjustments on two or three bikes using the same tool.
- Michael

andreszucs
in the industry

by andreszucs

Look for Proti ffr ti bolts, the best in the market - http://www.protiglobal.com/good.php?fid ... lumn1=BOLT
also more info on this thread: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=121425

You can talk to me if want them, cheers!

krzysiekmz

by krzysiekmz

I have seen this posted all over the forums in the last few days. Are you affiliated with them?

What makes them best? How "regular" Ti bolts are not enough in bicycle applications? I know these are Torx head and ALL but this somehow does not make it suitable or practical.

Ti bolts are an expensive way to shave a few grams. These are even more expensive and limited corlors too.

:noidea:
Last edited by krzysiekmz on Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Orbea Oiz - xxxx
MSC Koncept Carbon Di2 - 6955g
Leichtkraft Team Carbon - 6868g.

andreszucs
in the industry

by andreszucs

krzysiekmz wrote:I have seen this posted all over the forums in the last few days. Are you affiliated with them?

What makes them best? How "regular" Ti bolts are not enough in bicycle applications? I know these are Torx head and ALL but this somehow does not make it suitable or practical.

Ti bolts are an expensive way to shave a few grams. These are even more expensive and limited corlo too.

:noidea:

I will suggest you to take a look at their official explanation on the process to understand their retail price.
http://www.protiglobal.com/main.php

It just happened, I found this company on-line and felt like sharing with everyone. As a follow up from that I also had some communication with them and I can give you more updates if you are interested in the product.

krzysiekmz

by krzysiekmz

Point taken, however, price(and sizes/colors) is still too high for a bicycle application. Great find otherwise, torxhead :)

Chris.
Orbea Oiz - xxxx
MSC Koncept Carbon Di2 - 6955g
Leichtkraft Team Carbon - 6868g.

DanW

by DanW

Having just picked up SRAM XX1 I can't stand SRAM's exclusive use of Torxhead bolts! Don't know why but it drives my crazy. Replaced them with allen head bolts while going alu/ ti. Maybe I'm just becoming an old man and don't like change :D

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com