Anyone seen replacement cams for Gravitas SL?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

dem

by dem

Been a while since the new magic-cam GSL Micro Gravitas have been shipping.. has anyone successfully got replacement cams for their existing brakes?

My pads have worn enough after ~2000 miles that I either need to replace the pads or fool with the spacing. New cams would be nicer.

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

IIRC you can send the brakes back to Ciamillio for a refit.
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

lannes

by lannes

Has anybody actually had success doing this ?

I think it would be better going through Veloperso as it looks like the cams are available there, I'd email Olivier first to confirm availabiliy

http://www.velo-perso.com/en/ciamillo-c ... -2014.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I read it was better going through the Ciamillo dealers, I believe even Ted recommends this.

A quote from Ted from a previous thread " Problems with performance and production are now a thing of the past... customer service? eh, let's be honest... you might want to deal with a dealer like Olivier at Veloperso in France, Robert Choy in Singapore, Sabin West at Carbon Lord, and Joe at Irish Cycles. If you are stateside and want a dealer with the best technical expertise, I would contact Joe at Irish Cycles (joe@irishcycles.com) or if Europe, Olivier at Veloperso (olivierbally@yahoo.com)".
Last edited by Frankie - B on Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: deleted the quote as this is a repy.

dem

by dem

Ha, yes, I'd prefer not to send them to Ted unless they're broken.

Maybe CarbonLord will reply about the cams since I am in the US.