Lemond looking at making bikes again

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

53x12

by 53x12

Doubt they will be cheaper. Limited edition and all. He is going to try and cash in on this while the oven is still hot.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

Wingnut

by Wingnut

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

That man truly loves bicycles and cycling.

(Long story made short: I have his phone number and e-mail address in my contact book. We've been in touch every once in a while. ;))
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

Wingnut

by Wingnut

Prendrefeu you have just left me speechless...and wanting to know how?

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Years ago I put on a fundraiser ride that was short (60mi or so, 6000' ft-ish climbing at midnight under a full moon in the late fall) and in gathering sponsors a friend of mine who owns a major shop said he would put me in touch with Greg, who was in town at the time. We met, exchanged phone numbers/e-mail, and I registered him for the ride. Apparently he travels with his shoes, pedals and a helmet everywhere he goes and just borrows any bike from a shop and a kit when he wants to get a ride in. He was pretty excited about it. Then we had some major wildfires so the ride was postponed to a date when he would be back with his family & wife in Montana. Years later, I haven't managed to get that ride in, but hey he's still in my address book! I saw him again at Interbike this year when he was proudly talking up his partnership with Time, and he recognized me, which was a treat, but super busy with the business of things. Really genuine guy with lots of enthusiasm despite the years piling up.

When you hear stories about him being the kinda guy who will ride with anyone, anywhere, anytime, on anything just for the pure joy of riding... those stories are absolutely true.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

Wingnut

by Wingnut

Excellent Prendrefeu...excellent...

Now I'm off for a ride... :thumbup:

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

LeMond painting his own bike :D
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

carbon2329

by carbon2329

I believe that too, Prendrefeu.

I only had a quick chat when he was signing autographs at last year Interbike (it could have been the year before), but he genuinely talked to everyone who he signed a poster for.

So much so, that he didn't even get everyone taken care of, and they started handing out poster he had signed earlier.

A very different story as to how two younger, current pros (I won't mention, because I am sure they are "nice guys") , treated waiting fans at this years interbike.
They didn't look at anyone and treated people like a bit of a bother.

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

Greg LeMond was a member of the Palo Alto Bicycles/Avocet racing team when he won the Junior World Championship in 1979. He's put on a bit of weight since then, and even by his TdF podium days, had.

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

I'd bet that he could still kick your butt on the bike any time, any where. :lol:
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

fletch62

by fletch62

Gallery up on Cyclingnews: http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/gallery-revived-lemond-brand-inspired-by-tour-de-france-victories
Must say im very unimpressed with the paintwork. Had so much to work with and goes for bare carbon with painted inner forks and chainstays. :noidea:
His original bike paint job from 86 is awesome and should have been copied (unless there is an infringment on Look/Mondrian).
Had a chance to jump on the fluro trend with the 1990 colourway but didnt. Could have been stunning.

jekyll man

by jekyll man

They showed them weeks ago- @ eurobike maybe??

good that cyclingsnooze has its finger on the pulse again ;-)
Official cafe stop tester

kgt

by kgt

Older bikes looked so much better. Especially the tvt one.

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

jekyll man wrote:They showed them weeks ago- @ eurobike maybe??

good that cyclingsnooze has its finger on the pulse again ;-)

Can't even get the captions right!
ImageTour? Nope it's the Giro!
Image1998? He retired 4 years earlier!!
Basic errors - rank amateurs.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com