Rotor 3DF failure

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ricey155

by ricey155

good to hear they swopped it out pretty fast, just about to buy the 3d+ myself 110bcd

personally things fail its the customer service that makes things right and by the sounds of it they dealt with it the right way.

DWatkinsBSB

by DWatkinsBSB

Valid point, Ricey! Just wanted to be sure Rotor did not mention "massive recall later this month" in any of the emails exchanged, hahaha!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ricey155

by ricey155

True Watkins forums / Google seem quiet :-)

Nexus 4 kit kat

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

I would more at ease if Rotor would not only replace the failed item but really ask questions and keep the customer in the loop as to how the failure could have occurred. Just replacing the part and saying nothing also says something which leaves certain customers speculating.
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

Zigmeister

by Zigmeister

They don't ever want to say or admit anything due to product liability. Even with insurance they have, never admit fault.

They are probably glad it wasn't your lawyer calling with an injury claim against them. Wise thing is to replace it no cost to you, and say nothing more, move on.

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

Good point. The ethical thing to do is find out why but when lawyers are involved 'ethical' and 'lawyer' cannot reside in the same sentence.
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

DWatkinsBSB

by DWatkinsBSB

Zigmeister wrote:They don't ever want to say or admit anything due to product liability. Even with insurance they have, never admit fault.

They are probably glad it wasn't your lawyer calling with an injury claim against them. Wise thing is to replace it no cost to you, and say nothing more, move on.

Exactly my thoughts. But as forums/google seem quite, hopefully it really is nothing!

NJBiker72

by NJBiker72

I had a similar problem with an S-Works crank. Did not stay upright but Specialized replaced the entire crankset and handlebars (a casualty of going down) and sent me a new SWorks helmet even though my helmet was fine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

maquisard

by maquisard

Yeah, it would have been nice for Rotor to send me some chain rings or something as a good will gesture. Particularly as I bought a replacement 3D+ set in the interim and now have to sell the warrantied 3DF at a loss to myself.