Allez E5 - Final 6.76

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

Is it me, or are those mech cable runs very long? Probably could save some weight by loping off a few inches there.....

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Elrey

by Elrey

HaroldC wrote:
About the decals... I'm really not sure. I like the look of your wheels, but on the other hand. I'm a bit worried that they'll look like china wheels.

That's why I left the 'Firecrest' and '303' stickers. A tiny splash of color that coordinates with the red accents on the group.

But there is no red on my bike.. So, i think i'll go for all black stickers.

btompkins0112 wrote:Is it me, or are those mech cable runs very long? Probably could save some weight by loping off a few inches there.....

You are right and three hours ago, i cut them. Very nice!

alastairb

by alastairb

Great looking bike. Would be really interested in finding out the frame weight; I have a 58cm 2011 Allez E5 that I'm using as a winter bike. Want to upgrade various components, but that kind of goes against the point of using a winter bike.

Elrey

by Elrey

Picking up my O'symetric rings tomorrow. And sanding down the crank.

Elrey

by Elrey

The old Shimano crank with chainrings was almost 900 gram.

Still need my New ultimate seat post 170gram. And McFk saddle 70 gram.

- still need to change the brakes to.

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

Very nice. I recently sold my Trek 5200 winter/crit bike, and I am going to pick one of these Allez framesets up to build up. I've never ridden an aluminum road bike before, but I hear this one rides great.

gotgame

by gotgame

beautiful frame. looks very good for an alloy. i wish my tarmac sl3 to be as stealthy
Colnago e1 gazzetta dello sport - sz52s / Pinarello gan RS ulterga di2 - sz52 / Caadx 2019 vulcano green sz54

Elrey

by Elrey

ProfessorChaos wrote:Very nice. I recently sold my Trek 5200 winter/crit bike, and I am going to pick one of these Allez framesets up to build up. I've never ridden an aluminum road bike before, but I hear this one rides great.

I have never ridden this one either, so i have no idea how it runs. Well... i took it for a test drive when it was stock, but that's as good as no experience.

gotgame wrote:beautiful frame. looks very good for an alloy. i wish my tarmac sl3 to be as stealthy

Well... the goal is still under 6.8 and it seems to be in my reach. It is very stealthy and the anodized aluminum has a very good finish. Good quality frame. It's my first Specialized and i always wanted one. So i'm happy.

Juggler

by Juggler

Looking good, Daniel... :)

7.025 is without seatpost and saddle or...?
2012 Canyon Aeroad CF 8.0 Di2
2014 Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Di2

Juggler

by Juggler

You could consider decals like these...

I don't think it makes them look like China wheels... AND most important; you know it is not.

2012 Canyon Aeroad CF 8.0 Di2
2014 Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Di2

Elrey

by Elrey

Yes... So i looking at 100gram on a saddle and 170-190gram for a seatpost.

Well. I'll change the breaks, seat clamp, expander (trying some custom and homemade stuff.)
All so thinking of going back to supersonic. I'm selling my 404FC wheel set for a set of Wheelsmith Race38 C23. Thats 100 grams more of right there.
i want that bike under the 7kg. mark.

NoiseBoy

by NoiseBoy

I reckon if you just removed the little red decals on the Zipp's they would look spot on. You already have white flashes in the saddle, bars and tyres so it works imo.

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

Elrey wrote:Yes... So i looking at 100gram on a saddle and 170-190gram for a seatpost.

Well. I'll change the breaks, seat clamp, expander (trying some custom and homemade stuff.)
All so thinking of going back to supersonic. I'm selling my 404FC wheel set for a set of Wheelsmith Race38 C23. Thats 100 grams more of right there.

I have some suggestions that might help. I have a Bontrager Race XXX seatpost I kept from my 5200 build I am going to use on my Allez when I build it. It was I believe 165g uncut. That should help a lot. For the expander you really can't beat an Extralite Ultrastar 2 @7g. I have one of those waiting for the build too.

I might just have to bring a frameset home this week. All of these Allez builds on here lately are making me want one really bad. I have everything I need except cranks, handlebars, and stem. Unfortunately, we are sold sold of any S-Works crank arms smaller than 175mm, and I need 170mm. I think I am going to go with our new Aerofly handlebars, but they are out of stock now too. I got to see some of the first ones we shipped out to our dealers about a month back. Really nice looking bars. Very similar to the Vuka Sprints I have on my S2.

Elrey

by Elrey

NoiseBoy wrote:I reckon if you just removed the little red decals on the Zipp's they would look spot on. You already have white flashes in the saddle, bars and tyres so it works imo.

I'm changing the saddle to an all black saddle. And the 404 are probably sold tomorrow. So i'll email wheelsmith for some new wheels.

ProfessorChaos wrote:
Elrey wrote:Yes... So i looking at 100gram on a saddle and 170-190gram for a seatpost.

I have some suggestions that might help. I have a Bontrager Race XXX seatpost I kept from my 5200 build I am going to use on my Allez when I build it. It was I believe 165g uncut. That should help a lot. For the expander you really can't beat an Extralite Ultrastar 2 @7g. I have one of those waiting for the build too.

I might just have to bring a frameset home this week. All of these Allez builds on here lately are making me want one really bad. I have everything I need except cranks, handlebars, and stem. Unfortunately, we are sold sold of any S-Works crank arms smaller than 175mm, and I need 170mm. I think I am going to go with our new Aerofly handlebars, but they are out of stock now too. I got to see some of the first ones we shipped out to our dealers about a month back. Really nice looking bars. Very similar to the Vuka Sprints I have on my S2.

That Bontrager is crazy light! Nice. But i'll go for a KCNC Ti pro lite 142gram. I know that the Extralite Ultrastar is light, but if i can save some cash, make my on and get it down i weight. I found that way more fun and exciting. But thanks for the thoughts.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Skorp
Shop Wrench

by Skorp

I really like this bike. Good to see Specialized putting some money into the development of alloy frames.
The 105 group is bulletproof aswell. Performes good, just change the cranks for aesthetics imo. :D