The wide rim craze.

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mvacolnago

by mvacolnago

I have a set of hard anno archetypes on a single speed bike, they are nice but the rims were pretty heavy, one was 468 and the other 472, the claimed weight is 450 grams, I also built up a set of Pacenti Sl23 rims to white industry hubs, cx-rays, 24 front 28 rear, the rims cam in at 451 and 449, total build was just under 1600 grams. They make nice training wheels but they really shine on gravel rides on my CX bike

hurricanejosh

by hurricanejosh

mvacolnago wrote:I have a set of hard anno archetypes on a single speed bike, they are nice but the rims were pretty heavy, one was 468 and the other 472, the claimed weight is 450 grams

actually the archetype claimed weight has been 470 since they edited the design in the first year. i have some for my cross bike laced to sram x7 hubs. heavy (pushing 1900) but they're great wheels for how hard i am on my cross bike. i have a pair of A23s coming to try road this season so eager to try this 23/23 or 23/25 combo everyone's been on about lately, though those won't be light wheels either with ultegra 6800 hubs and 32 spokes.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

All the archetypes I get and I buy a lot are 480g or thereabouts. Never seen one at 470g.

fletch62

by fletch62

Pro-lite have a new 24mm wide rim in one of their wheelsets.
http://www.pro-lite.net/road-wheels/merano-a25-w#page
Looks to be built with cheap Novatec hubs.

Zen Cyclery
Shop Owner

by Zen Cyclery

jmilliron wrote:Have you gotten to check out the 25mm wide Hed rims?

Haven't gotten my hands on them yet. I've been trying to track some down though and I'll definitely post here once I get the chance to build up a set.

darwinx

by darwinx

I just ordered my third set of SL 23 rims. Just great rims, high quality, ride great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

NAKaveli

by NAKaveli

^ordered a pair of HED Ardennes SL, seemed like a great wheel set, unfortunately had to return mine due to receiving them with bad bearings in the rear hub. Hopefully my next set will roll a lot better.