A use for your extra carbon headset spacers - a WW belt!

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

kac

by kac

syncmaster wrote:Thanks for all the feedback! I'd be happy to make more and sell these to people who are interested. I love the thought of contributing to the WW community in some way even if it's just a belt and not with incredible handmade custom saddle/seatpost combos (which I drool over on this site).

I was thinking of starting an Etsy page so I could make them to order. Anyone else interested?

I am interested but, pardon my ignorance, what is an Etsy page? Can you sell these on WW? If not, send me a private mail.

thx,
KAC

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

syncmaster

by syncmaster

http://www.etsy.com

It's a popular site for selling handmade goods online. I think it's the easiest way for me to take orders as they come.

rule5

by rule5

That is a great idea! I think I'd be interested in buying one. Could always use a new belt :thumbup:

grover

by grover

I'd buy one! Offer an option to send in your own headset spacers if you want custom. I'm thinking a collaboration with an organisation like BikePure with their headset spacers might work too!

syncmaster

by syncmaster

So I've setup an Etsy shop and have my belt listed for sale!
https://www.etsy.com/shop/315Workshop

I'm only offering it in black right now but I will be able to source some more colors soon if there's interest. Currently I have the supply to make 5 more belts by the end of the week so if you want a black one and you order now, it should arrive by next week (in USA).

I can ship anywhere in the USA with usps flat rate envelops for $5.60. International is quite a bit more expensive unfortunately :-(

I'd love to continue to hear feedback from you all. I am excited to make some more belts and get them out to the WW community!

Thanks again

jbaillie

by jbaillie

Just placed an order, what a great concept! Might order a couple more as holiday gifts for the Firefly guys. Cheers.

nismosr

by nismosr

How much ?
2020 Colnago C64 Mapei-SR12 EPS-WTO 60
2022 Ridley Kanzo Adv Rival/GX AXS-Zipp 303s
2021 Basso Diamante SV-SR12 Disc EPS-WTO 60
2022 Basso Palta 2-Rival/GX AXS-Zipp 303s
2023 Colnagno G3X-SRAM Force-Levante

weekapaugin

by weekapaugin

interested in future color offerings, maybe a dark blue/navy or green?

jbaillie

by jbaillie

nismosr wrote:How much ?

They're $20 plus ~$5 shipping in the US, not sure about international. Not bad at all considering a store-bought belt of similar style is often more than that.

syncmaster

by syncmaster

weekapaugin wrote:interested in future color offerings, maybe a dark blue/navy or green?

This could definitely be a possibility. I will check out the inventory at my webbing supply and then post further options.

jbaillie

by jbaillie

This came in today, syncmaster has outdone himself, it's fantastic! I apologize to him and the rest of the crowd for the crappy lighting.

AGW

by AGW

I've just commissioned my wife to use my extra Focus spacers. :lol:

Great idea!

syncmaster

by syncmaster

jbaillie wrote:This came in today, syncmaster has outdone himself, it's fantastic! I apologize to him and the rest of the crowd for the crappy lighting.

:D :D :D

Thanks for the pics! Glad it arrived safely and you like it! I wanted to figure out some sort of tag for these before I sent them out and once again, I just happened to come across something in my parts bin/gear closet that would work perfectly:

Old race numbers! The material is like a tyvek type sheet so it's strong and should last well. You'll see on the inside of the tag there is black ink that was the actual number.

I'm working on figuring out some other color options as well right now for more belts. I still have some material for black belts at the moment if anyone else wants to purchase! I'm selling them here:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/315Workshop

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

syncmaster wrote:My leather dress belt:

Last edited by nathanong87 on Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

syncmaster

by syncmaster

Haha the belt on the scale was a bit of a gag.

But honestly the WW in me was impressed by the savings....