Schwalbe One

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
TimmS

by TimmS

Anyone already tried the new Schwalbe One tires?
And maybe can compare them to the Ultremo?

I need to change tires but I do not really see a need to buy the One over Ultremo.
The Ultremo weights less, costs less and was already the best tire available in my opinion...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

theremery

by theremery

Ultremo was the best tyre???....errr.....really???
Updated: Racing again! Thought this was unlikely! Eventually, I may even have a decent race!
Edit: 2015: darn near won the best South Island series (got second in age
-group)..woo hoo Racy Theremery is back!!

TimmS

by TimmS

theremery wrote:Ultremo was the best tyre???....errr.....really???

let's not discuss that :wink: , oppinions on the One please.

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

Got it, Mounted it yesterday, but work and other things in live prevent me from riding it at the moment. i will give them a shot this week. Sadly i can't test them against Ultremo's as I have never ever ridden those. The comparison will be against the well known compatitior: GP4000S
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

Took them for the shake down ride yesterday. I have to say the it is a very cofidence inspiring tire. It is supple enough to ride pavement with a smile on your face yet stiff enough to corner with ease. They feel better then the GP4000S as those feel quite stiff. The 4000 super sonic feels more like the One in that regard.

Need to know more? Ask.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Thanks Frankie.

I'm interested in the durability of the tire, especially how prone it is to getting cuts or punctures.
Although the GP4000S isn't the most supple, it is a common favorite with riders who ride in areas with debris but don't want to resort to Gatorskins (or equivalent).
I am definitely interested in reviews on the Schwalbe One.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

Oswald

by Oswald

I'm also very interested in the One. Especially in 25 and 28mm versions.
Currently on 28mm GP 4 Season but those don't grip very well on Belgian winter roads :( Once they wear out, I'm thinking of replacing them with 25mm front/28mm rear Schwalbe One tires.
Also, I'm interested in hearing about both clincher and tubeless. I have tubeless rims, but use them with clincher tires and inner tubes. I just can't justify the price difference with tubeless tires.

upside

by upside

I would also like to try this new Schwalbe One in the 28. I see they are now in the USA in stock and the 28's in December sometime. Unfortunately our weather is getting a bit colder now.

martinSL
Shop Owner

by martinSL

did not try clincher or tubeless yet but put some 200 miles on 24mm tubie. I must say I really like it. Quite supple, very grippy on dry and in wet, great cornering stability. A bit heavy for my likings but other than that it's excellent tire. Cannot comment on durability and puncture protection but the compound is rather soft and the tire picks up some crap from the road. I can only assume that some characteristics will be similar in clincher and tubeless
----------------------------------------------
Racing and Training Cycling Tires
www.tiremaniacs.com

Johnny Rad

by Johnny Rad

We've been documenting <200g Ultremo versions for ages now: Ultremo, EVO, R1, ZX, etc.

Schwalbe says 205g for the clincher (Glory Cycles says 225g, but no scale pic) and 225g for the 25c. Now add a tube: 50-75g.

Schwalbe says 304g for the 23c tubeless (Glory Cycles confirms at 306g w/pic) and 340g for the 25c. Now add tape and tire sealant. How much?

http://www.glorycycles.com/sconeclti.html
http://www.glorycycles.com/sconetuclti.html
http://www.schwalbe.com/en/road-reader/ ... e-one.html

martinSL
Shop Owner

by martinSL

There always will be some weight differences the question is how big and if always for the + or more like +/-.
IME, I see Schwalbe being the +/- 5% kind of a thing with more of the + thing :?

ONE Tubeless 23mm is advertised as 305 and my 3 random samples are 300, 318, 320 grams
ONE 28mm clincher is advertised as 245 and my 3 random samples are 246, 255, 260 grams

In MTB tires I see the same % differences
----------------------------------------------
Racing and Training Cycling Tires
www.tiremaniacs.com

LionelB

by LionelB

martinSL wrote:did not try clincher or tubeless yet but put some 200 miles on 24mm tubie. I must say I really like it. Quite supple, very grippy on dry and in wet, great cornering stability. A bit heavy for my likings but other than that it's excellent tire. Cannot comment on durability and puncture protection but the compound is rather soft and the tire picks up some crap from the road. I can only assume that some characteristics will be similar in clincher and tubeless

Are they easy to install, let's say compare to veloflex ? Or are they more conti type ?

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

That depends more on your rims then on the tires. Both Conti and Schwalbe are easy to mount for me.

LionelB

by LionelB

I am talking about the tubular. Contis are not easy to mount as least not compared to veloflex or fmb.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dvincere

by dvincere

How are the Schwalbe One's different from the also-new Ultremo ZX Tubeless?

There's a review of the latter comparing them to GP4000S' here http://cyclingtips.com.au/2013/11/schwa ... re-review/