Opinions on 2013 Rockshox SID RL RLT & RCT3 forks?

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

rainerhq

by rainerhq

Thanks. Don´t have ridden it yet. Just want to set up it properly before first ride.
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride"

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bombertodd

by bombertodd

I don't have a Sid RCT3 but I do have a couple other Rockshox forks. All my forks came with a manual that had some tuning information/initial setup. Just get the sag set first and everything else should be fairly easy to get dialed in. From my experience the recommend air pressure are usually way too high. So measure sag yourself instead of using recommendations. Good luck!

yourdaguy

by yourdaguy

bombertodd: thanks for that link. I have the RCT3 Dual air and I have been struggling the same as the guy in the link. It has just seemed way too harsh. My previous dual air forks were easy to set up and were my favorites. Can't wait to get home to try this guy's setup.
For certain parts stiffer is more important than lighter.

bombertodd

by bombertodd

yourdaguy wrote:bombertodd: thanks for that link. I have the RCT3 Dual air and I have been struggling the same as the guy in the link. It has just seemed way too harsh. My previous dual air forks were easy to set up and were my favorites. Can't wait to get home to try this guy's setup.

All my solo and dual air forks felt harsh going off the recommended air pressure. I'd try lowering it if you haven't already.

rainerhq

by rainerhq

It just seems very odd that sram do not have any manual available. The one that came with fork, tells you how to remove wheel:)
I previously had SID Race dual air (2009) and for that fork I found manual on srams site.
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride"

ridonkulus

by ridonkulus

The SID is the bed fork for xc I've ever used and it's the lightest too(maybe)! I would say go for the RCT3 as the damper in the fork is nicer and I think it is more of a difference than the different adjustments.