My CAAD10 crit-mobile

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

prebsy

by prebsy

Hi everyone. I'm new to the boards, I wanted to share with everyone my CAAD-10 and ask for input on improving the build. This is definitely a purpose build bike as I love racing crits and do about 20-25 a year. My bike certainly embodies that with a focus on performance and low cost. I've come across some extra funds so I am looking to upgrade my bike and drop a couple pounds, seriously I am looking to drop 2 pounds. Any input is greatly appreciated!

Current Build:

Frameset: 2012 54cm CAAD10
Shifters: 2012/13 Sram Red
Rear D.Rail: 2012/13 Sram Red
Front D.Rail: 2012/13 Sram Red
Wheels: 2013 Reynolds Assault Clinchers
Cassette: Sram 1070 (11-25)
Chain: Sram 1051
Crankset: Fsa gossamer SRM (pc7 series) 172.5mm 53/39
BB: Fsa megaexo on FSA bb30 to threaded adaptor
Brakes: Tektro R520
Seat Post: No Name alloy
Stem: 3t arx pro 120mm -6
handlebar: 40cm forte
Saddle: Specialized Romin Pro 155mm
tires: Conti GP4000s
tubes: forte light 80mm
cages: elite custom race
pedals: Shimano r540s???

weight: ~ 17.5lbs/7.93 KG
UPGRADES:
handlebar: 42cm 3t ergonova team (ordered, 140 shipped via chainlove :o )
seat post: 3t dorico LTD (ordered, 111 shipped via chainreaction :o :o )
wheels: 2014 Easton EA90 SLX (just got these wheels via a friend with connections and they are awesome!!!)
Brakes: Sram red aerolink or planet-x cnc ??? (can't decide, I've had the planet-x brakes before. They are a great value and stop just fine but are annoying to set up and chew up the brake cable almost immediately)

CRANK/POWER METER
I know I am carrying a ton of extra weight with the bb and pm setup. I bought a pc6 series hollowgram SRM and some hollowgram Si arms in the correct length. It seems as though the siSl arms are significantly lighter (wrong size for me) and I was wondering if anyone knew the weights of the si vs. sisl vs. sisl2 arms. I was also considering holding out for the power2max type S and some sisl2 arms. I definitely need some help on this decision!!!

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

AWESOME! As I was scrolling down the post I was making mental notes of all the things you needed to do to drop some weight.....then after I scrolled past the picture you did basically all of them!! Good job!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cmdr199212

by cmdr199212

Wow. I would be supremely happy to ride this. A few comments, one, I have 2010 model EA90SLX, bombproof, fast, and light. Fantastic wheels, they've done me good. Also, crank.. stiffest sons of guns I have ever ridden, and they're sexy. Si vs SiSl.. I doubt you could tell the difference in feel, however I believe the SiSl's are supposed to be stiffer and are definitely lighter.. dunno how much

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

Forgot....on the SL vs SISL. I think the difference is somewhere in the neighborhood of 50-75 grams. My SLs with the FSA rings weigh around 570. I think (please correct me if I am wrong) that the SISL w/Spidering is around 450. The spiderings are probably about 60 less than the FSAs, leaving about 60 for the crank arm difference.

fogflip

by fogflip

nice

NiFTY

by NiFTY

Roughly - original si (about 160g i think, as this is the weight of the new forged SI arms, and they are supposed to weigh the same) SI SL around 140g, SiSL 2 around 122 or so (drive and non-drive weigha bit different as the offset has changed.
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

michel2

by michel2

btompkins0112 wrote:AWESOME! As I was scrolling down the post I was making mental notes of all the things you needed to do to drop some weight.....then after I scrolled past the picture you did basically all of them!! Good job!

Me too thinking seatpost, pedals lol
Thats is an awesome rig buddy !

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com