Exposure Trace

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Devon

by Devon

So I'm after a set of compact lights to replace my Lezyne Femto Drives. I have my heart set on the Exposure Trace set, after using their older siblings, the Flash and Flare, which are simply fantastic.

I can't find any information anywhere as to the charging of the Trace - mainly the cable supplied. Has anyone got a set and can tell me; do you get an individual cable for each light, or a split/dual cable for the two? I only have one USB port on my laptop so a split cable would be much easier!

mrd

by mrd

if you buy the trace and tracer two light set it contains two separate cables but obviously you can plug a powered or unpowered usb hub or port splitter into your laptop, or charge one light after the other.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Devon

by Devon

Would be nice to have a dual cable to save the hassle but I guess I can live with that. Thanks

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Devon, have you tried to look into that online?

Here's one example on Amazon's UK site:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/GTMax-Micro-USB ... +micro+usb
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

Devon

by Devon

I was intending to buy a third-party product upon the purchase of the light set, but wanted to check if I needed to order it at the same time or not, to save waiting for the lights to arrive. I'll most likely source a cheap Asian version from eBay.

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

Devon wrote:I was intending to buy a third-party product upon the purchase of the light set, but wanted to check if I needed to order it at the same time or not, to save waiting for the lights to arrive. I'll most likely source a cheap Asian version from eBay.

So why not drop by the LBS, buy the lights. Then you'll know what cables come with the lights?

Devon

by Devon

Closes before I get home from work. Am trying to get some time to get there. Also as said above I wanted to know prior if possible so I could have the cable ready when they arrive.

rmerka

by rmerka

micro USB. same as a cell phone.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com