MadFiber, Serotta and Blue Now Owned by Divine Cycling

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

ingmar

by ingmar

ingmar wrote:Does anyone know how you can get the left bolt out of the back hub? I can only get the bolt of the freehub/body site off.
Don't understand. Can you rephrase the question?[/quote]

sorry i am dutch. i can get of the axle on the hub site. but not on the other site. there are 2 little holes in the carbon with 2 screws. but it looks there is a glue in it
Last edited by ingmar on Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ingmar

by ingmar

next to the spokes

eric

by eric

That's the same design (and same parts?) as a White Industry hub. The set screw holds the axle cap in place. The axle cap also sets the bearing preload. The set screws do not come all the way out. You only loosen them enough to allow the axle cap to slide.

The White Ind. web site has instructions and diagrams, and explains setting the preload.

Causidicus

by Causidicus

Last edited by Causidicus on Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

stefanot
Shop Owner

by stefanot

Does anyone have any access to 2nd generation free hub bodies? I've been looking everywhere for a Shimano/SRAM version and apparently (after calling White Industries) they are not compatible with the first gen free hubs. Anyone?

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

Ok my request for a wheel exchange under warranty was rejected as 'Madfiber is presently in financial distress' - so says a Jeff from Strategic Alliances Ltd. I have no idea how this company is linked to either MF or DCG....

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

Kayrehn, I presume Jeff responded to you based on your email to DCG?

Anyhow, a few seconds with google shows
http://www.strategicalliancesltd.com/principles.php wrote:Principals
Jeffrey M. Buzzerio
Jeff has established and successfully executed business plans in up and down markets by developing high-performing teams and utilizing state-of-the-art leadership methods. He has led a succession of turnaround situations which resulted in exceptional financial returns as well as positioning the business for future growth. He brings a depth of expertise in architecting finance strategy, as well as implementing process and technology solutions in planning and forecasting, performance management, and business intelligence. Jeff’s interim management assignments have successfully transitioned companies into their new management teams, allowing their continued growth and expansion. With more than 20 years of various industry experience, Jeff has worked in multiple industry sectors, including manufacturing, distribution and electronics. Jeff has a BS degree in Accounting and an MBA in International Business from Johnson & Wales University and is a member of the Turnaround Management Association.
Well, Principals was spelled correctly on the web page, but incorrectly in the URL. Nice attention to detail, not, but I suppose they're too busy turning around distressed companies to worry about spelling.

Keep hope alive, brother.
http://www.strategicalliancesltd.com/engagements.php wrote:$20MM Bicycle Manufacturer
Interim CEO European Operations, Turnaround Consultant
European Operations of this Manufacturer was losing in excess of $5MM/year. The company had not hit target budgeted Sales or Gross Margin in over 4 years. We stepped in and took immediate control. Cut overall operating costs by 25%; increased sales by 30%; & increased gross margin by 15%. Company lost less than $1MM year immediate after our intervention and was break even through mid-year following year.
Perhaps Strategic Alliances, Ltd. was hired by DCG to handle (at least) Mad Fiber.
http://www.strategicalliancesltd.com/index.php wrote:Many businesses today face challenges in understanding the complex environment in which they operate. From start-ups and entrepreneurial firms to well-established companies, they find themselves struggling to adapt to change. A lack of adequate financing, management skill sets, business development or corporate structure may contribute to these substantial challenges.
The company seems to be two dudes and a website (plus maybe some clerical help or low level flunkies). You should feel honored to have received a personal reply from one of the two people at the top rung of the firm.

OwenJames

by OwenJames

^lol

Causidicus

by Causidicus

Last edited by Causidicus on Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Johnny Rad

by Johnny Rad

Kayrehn wrote:Ok my request for a wheel exchange under warranty was rejected as 'Madfiber is presently in financial distress' - so says a Jeff from Strategic Alliances Ltd. I have no idea how this company is linked to either MF or DCG....

Um, your wheelset is also in distress.

What a short-sighted response from Jeff representing MF. Pure and simple. Why bother hitting send on that kind of an email to alienate a current and potentially future repeat customer?! I'm still hopelessly hopeful that we'll see "factory" support from the "new" MF, but this kind of a response makes me cringe.

I'm wondering if it's inconvenient or downright next to impossible for Jeff to do a warranty replacement? If it's just inconvenient, shame on him. If it's nearly impossible to do, I have to ask where are all their wheelsets?! Granted they might not have them growing on trees at their Seattle address, but I gotta think some wheels were / are over there. Maybe they were shipped off to eBay - as noted by others?!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

MODS - Consider merging this thread with the other ongoing MF thread. Thanks!

coloclimber

by coloclimber

Johnny Rad wrote:
MODS - Consider merging this thread with the other ongoing MF thread. Thanks!

Done.

locked old Pre- June 2012 discussion here- viewtopic.php?f=14&t=76096
-Deacon Doctor Colorado Slim

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

Actually perhaps Strategic Alliances Ltd really can't do that for me, given that they are only roped in to help out with the restructuring of the company. MF itself now has nobody working there too. All their wheels might be gathering dust in limbo right now.

djm

by djm

Merge or just killing the old one..?

coloclimber

by coloclimber

Merged was too confusing so killed old one and current discussion continues here.

Thanks to HammerTime2!!
-Deacon Doctor Colorado Slim

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

elviento

by elviento

I am talking to MF for a possible acquisition. Stay tuned.
Fast falcons: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3mTPEuFcWk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
www.falcobike.com
Facebook: falcobikeglobal