27mm tub opinions

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

I am building up a bike from 1946, just got the wheels built up (32/40 BH Airlites with CB Italia Roubaix wooden rims) and now need to make the decision on the tubs.

I always ride Veloflex on my normal bikes, but they don’t seem to do anything that will fit the look or size requirement for this bike at 27/28mm.

I think I only really have 3 options all of which are called Paris Roubaix and are made by: Dugast, Challenge and FMB

Has anyone had any experience of these tubs? Ideally I’d like to know the puncture resilience as this bike is going to be used on white roads.
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Geoff

by Geoff

I have run the Dugast 27s, which are really nice. I don't think you can go wrong with any of those tires for your use.

campbellrae

by campbellrae

@ Geoff - How big did the Dugast's come up? I am looking at getting a set of the 25s for my CR1 but the clearances are fairly tight with some 25s, so if they come up bigger I might have to go down to 23s which I'm not too keen to do...

Geoff

by Geoff

I'll mic 'em, if I can remember to do that tonight...