Felt 2014 AR1

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

trilocus

by trilocus

fa63 wrote:I asked him the same question before and he said 25 mm tires are no problem.

Thank you

Enviado desde mi C6833 mediante Tapatalk

SuperDave
in the industry

by SuperDave

mitchgixer6 wrote:I'm just about to head to bed, been a long Halloween night here! Not figured out hot to send PM's on here from my phone, will send you one in the morning Dave. Thanks for the help! :-)

My pleasure, I replied to your PM. I'm ok with you posting to the forum at large, too as I'm sure there are others with the same or similar questions. October and November are "where's my bike" season. I don't monitor inventory or work in sales but I'm willing to help uncover information to shed some light on the process when I can.

-SD

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

SuperDave
in the industry

by SuperDave

trilocus wrote:Hi SuperDave i want to know the tyre clearance in felt ar frd frameset, can fit. 700x25 tubulars? Shimano internal battery can be used in the seatpost?

Thank you

I just got a set of Challenge Parigi-Roubaix 27mm clinchers for my bike and they fit but are very tight. If I used them on dirt roads I'd have some scratched paint at the top of the fork crown and seat tube wheel cut out. 25mm tires are no problem. 25mm tire clearance is required for a modern pro tour bike. All the guys on Argos ran 25mm tires except in TTs and a few select guys on climbing stages.

The Shimano and new Campagnolo EPS PU V2 can be fitted inside the seat tube. We have a clever "carrier" for the Di2 batter that mounts to the seatpost clamp, not to the seatpost itself so the battery and wire doesn't need to telescope in and out when the seatpost is lowered for travel for example.

http://brimages.bikeboardmedia.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Felt-2014-Launch080613_0939.jpg
http://brimages.bikeboardmedia.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Felt-2014-Launch080613_0940.jpg
http://cdn.mos.bikeradar.com/images/news/2013/08/18/1376783045360-rrdvx50fcbdy-500-70.jpg

-SD

Rashadabd

by Rashadabd

Hi All,

SD (or anyone), is it possible at all to get a size 51 2014 AR3 R in the U.S.? Does it just make more sense to go with an AR1 frameset and build it up with Force 22 or Red 22 (whichever allows me to stick closely to the price point)?

SuperDave
in the industry

by SuperDave

Rashadabd wrote:Hi All,

SD (or anyone), is it possible at all to get a size 51 2014 AR3 R in the U.S.? Does it just make more sense to go with an AR1 frameset and build it up with Force 22 or Red 22 (whichever allows me to stick closely to the price point)?

There aren't any US dealers that carry the AR3 R in the USA but you may be able to find one outside of the USA.

The AR1 with SRAM Red would be the most logical choice if you want the "easy" route and prefer to equip it with your own component selection instead of the parts I chose. You're stuck with a non-SRAM rear brake for now but otherwise the rest of the parts are easily sourced. The AR1 is going to be a slightly lighter frameset than the AR3 R frameset as well.

-SD

SuperDave
in the industry

by SuperDave

mitchgixer6 wrote:I'm just about to head to bed, been a long Halloween night here! Not figured out hot to send PM's on here from my phone, will send you one in the morning Dave. Thanks for the help! :-)

I've confirmed with our global sales team your frame will ship to the European warehouse in about 3 weeks. There is a 1 month transit time on the ocean. It'll be a happy new year.

-SD

trilocus

by trilocus

SuperDave wrote:
trilocus wrote:Hi SuperDave i want to know the tyre clearance in felt ar frd frameset, can fit. 700x25 tubulars? Shimano internal battery can be used in the seatpost?

Thank you

I just got a set of Challenge Parigi-Roubaix 27mm clinchers for my bike and they fit but are very tight. If I used them on dirt roads I'd have some scratched paint at the top of the fork crown and seat tube wheel cut out. 25mm tires are no problem. 25mm tire clearance is required for a modern pro tour bike. All the guys on Argos ran 25mm tires except in TTs and a few select guys on climbing stages.

The Shimano and new Campagnolo EPS PU V2 can be fitted inside the seat tube. We have a clever "carrier" for the Di2 batter that mounts to the seatpost clamp, not to the seatpost itself so the battery and wire doesn't need to telescope in and out when the seatpost is lowered for travel for example.

http://brimages.bikeboardmedia.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Felt-2014-Launch080613_0939.jpg
http://brimages.bikeboardmedia.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Felt-2014-Launch080613_0940.jpg
http://cdn.mos.bikeradar.com/images/news/2013/08/18/1376783045360-rrdvx50fcbdy-500-70.jpg

-SD

Thank you SuperDave for the information. I ordered a Ar Frd one month ago. I hope it arrives soon to Spain.

Pokerface07

by Pokerface07

Dave - just ordered a 2013 F1 frameset. I know you can run mechanical or DI2 on it. I assume it's the same frame? Or are there 2 district frames - one with cable bosses and one without?

(By the way, saw a pic of you having dinner with some 'fiends' of mine from 3T - Paola and Rene!)

Cheers,
Colin
Twitter: @FormerTTchamp https://twitter.com/FormerTTchamp

SkippyMcJimmelstein

by SkippyMcJimmelstein

I noticed the AR1 Frameset changed in graphics. For instance, the logo went from white to black.
http://www.feltbicycles.com/USA/2014/Bi ... meset.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Can anyone confirm that this is...official?

Rashadabd

by Rashadabd

I saw the new look of the 2014 AR1 earlier today as well and I love it. It looks tons better in my opinion. Thank you for the info SD. I am pretty much sold at this point. I just need a fit session and to find a way to test some version of the new AR. Do any of you know of anyone interested in buying a pretty much brand new 2013 Specialized Roubaix SL4 Pro frameset (red)? :wink: As far as the build goes, I am actually thinking AR1, Sram Force 22 (close enough on weight and saves cash) and Ritchey bars, a specialized phenom saddle (sorry), and using the rest on wheels. I like aero without over the top depth. I also like the breaking and durability of alloy wheels. The ride quality is fine for me once they are paired with 25mm tires. Thinking Zipp 101s, Zipp 30s, Fulram Racing Quattros or something like that for my every day wheel. I might snag a nice set of Boyds or Reynolds carbon for dualthon/triathlons, etc. down the road as well.

This bike appears to be some very nice work on Felt's part. I think it's my favorite thing I have seen you guys produce since I started cycling. (I started on road with a Felt F85 a few years back). I compared it to the Propel, Venge, new Cervelo S2 and S3, and new BMC TMR02. For my money, I couldn't come up with a better value when you consider everything you are getting in the new AR1. Congrats again on the great work. Please keep it coming SD.

SuperDave
in the industry

by SuperDave

Pokerface07 wrote:Dave - just ordered a 2013 F1 frameset. I know you can run mechanical or DI2 on it. I assume it's the same frame? Or are there 2 district frames - one with cable bosses and one without?

(By the way, saw a pic of you having dinner with some 'fiends' of mine from 3T - Paola and Rene!)

Cheers,
Colin

The 2013 F1 frame is convertible, the mechanical cable guides fit in over the internal Di2 guides.

One frame does both.

Same with AR1 and Z1.

-Dave

Rashadabd

by Rashadabd

SD,

Can you fit 25mm wheels on the new AR1? I am wondering whether something like the Reynolds Assault/Attack SLG or Zipp 30s would fit. (I see that 25mm tires work, but I wasn't sure what size wheels you had them mounted on). Thanks.

SuperDave
in the industry

by SuperDave

Rashadabd wrote:SD,

Can you fit 25mm wheels on the new AR1? I am wondering whether something like the Reynolds Assault/Attack SLG or Zipp 30s would fit. (I see that 25mm tires work, but I wasn't sure what size wheels you had them mounted on). Thanks.

I'm running 25mm tires on some wide 72mm deep Reynolds wheels.

-SD

Rashadabd

by Rashadabd

And there you have it. Thanks again. Nice looking bikes btw.

SkippyMcJimmelstein

by SkippyMcJimmelstein

SuperDave wrote:
Rashadabd wrote:SD,

I'm running 25mm tires on some wide 72mm deep Reynolds wheels.
[pic]
-SD

Easily my favorite frame design on the right. Gorgeous.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com