MadFiber, Serotta and Blue Now Owned by Divine Cycling

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

If the price is right I think they are still a worthwhile buy. They are strong and light and shouldn't have much problem lasting a few years. Good point made by Causidicus - the fact that there are no conventional spokes aren't a concern to me, and it is just strange that not many will have the same complaint when they talk about Lightweight wheels. These are way cheaper than LW anyway, provided you like the looks of course.

OwenJames

by OwenJames

Fact is, my mate has some of these and they are not straight. They can not be fixed. That sucks.

So he has some mega-bucks wheels, that are imperfect and by their very design will remain that way forever.

I would be pissed and so would all of you.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Causidicus

by Causidicus

Last edited by Causidicus on Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OwenJames

by OwenJames

I was of the thinking that they had lost their true from riding, but due to their design were unfixable.

Causidicus

by Causidicus

Last edited by Causidicus on Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NorthWestDork

by NorthWestDork

Anyone know where to buy a replacement freehub? Unfortunately I just bought a Campy (V2) set off eBay with the intention of buying a Shimano/SRAM 11 speed freehub to have my options open (I have both Campy and SRAM bikes). And of course, they announce bankruptcy 24 hours after I won the auction.

12x23

by 12x23

I would still go for a pair of tubs latest gen if I knew where there was inventory and where the price was favorable.

eric

by eric

Don't they use White Ind freehubs? Maybe check with them.

hetchins68

by hetchins68

MF got bought by DIVINE Cycling Group.
http://www.divinecycles.com/

I emailed them for the transferable 4yrs warranty questions, i got reply back within the next hour.
They said will email me next week, it looks like they are in the transition at this moment.
**Crossing my fingers**

I talked with them personally at Interbike 2013 and didn't mention anything which surprised me.

We'll see.

Gen 1 of MF wheels use White Industries hub, I don't think the Gen 1.5 and 2 use WI Hub. I think they have their own MF Hub.

53x12

by 53x12

"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

Causidicus

by Causidicus

Last edited by Causidicus on Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

elviento

by elviento

I don't own MFs nor do I intend on getting any soon, but I could see why someone would want MFs -- they are lighter than the standard LW, and the relatively high rim profile gives some people the impression they are aero (just look at the "MF in the house" thread), they are definitely different, and SOME think they are cool. Some of them are posers. Some aren't. Sure can't be trued, etc. Wide rim is a more recent thing. MFs are closest to LW than any other wheel, and LW has done well generally. So if they fix their delam issue quickly and have a proper business plan, then it could have been a success story.

carbonLORD wrote:Given all the points I just made above I cannot fathom how someone would be excited about dropping even $1500 when you could get new 2012 Zipp 404's for that price and have a wheel that can be serviced, is wide and still made by the same company that started it.
Fast falcons: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3mTPEuFcWk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
www.falcobike.com
Facebook: falcobikeglobal

stefanot
Shop Owner

by stefanot

I noticed some talk about free hub bodies but no real resolution. Anyone know who to contact to purchase one?

fireball05

by fireball05

Was this a recent email that got the quick response? If so, that's promising. I think mine still have about 2 yr of warranty left on them. Had the front one replaced under warranty no questions asked earlier this year, so hopefully won't need to use it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

Yes I got the same response a few days ago saying the same thing too - wanted to return it to them to get the new generation wheels a week before the news broke. Retailer couldn't contact the company, so I emailed DCG direct. Fingers crossed too.