Continental Grand Prix TT Ltd

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Has anyone taken the plunge and given these the try either on a TT bike or their normal road bike? Interested to hear about their durability and feel, ease of fitting on a rim, also real world weights etc.

http://www.conti-online.com/www/bicycle_de_en/themes/race/racetyres/GP_tt_en.html

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Geoff

by Geoff

I think I'll stick with tubulars...

WMW
in the industry

by WMW

All of Conti's top clinchers have the same casing and Black Chili tread. What varies is the tread thickness, tread pattern, width, and presence (or not) of the Vectran belt.

I haven't tested the TT but I have tested the Supersonic, Force, Attack and GP4000 for Crr. They are all good but they are in listed in order of increasing Crr... which is what you'd expect from the construction. The TT should be about the same as the Attack and Force... maybe a hair better if the tread really is thinner.

Both Zipp and Flo have tested the GP4000 to be exceptionally aero, so it may end up the fastest tire even though the Crr is a little higher. I use Supersonics for TTs though.
formerly rruff...

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Thanks WMW. Have been told by the importer in New Zealand they don't bring the Supersonic into New Zealand as they do not stand up to our roads, but they bring in the TT. Hmmm, food for thought

cyclenutnz

by cyclenutnz

I've raced (and trained) plenty of kms on supers. I've had one flat in that time. But I live in rural Waikato so don't encounter a lot of glass. Have had no issues at Tauranga Half (tends to have a lot of flats as it's just after new years).

GPTTs are what I put people on who are at the pointier end of the risk/reward scale. My testing shows them much better than GP4000S.

lannes

by lannes

I rode podium , which are the tubular version of the supers, didn't last long maybe about 5km before flatting.

If you want really light, then have a look at the Veloflex Corsa's in the 20mm

http://www.veloflextires.com/veloflex_c ... incher.htm

HillRPete

by HillRPete

lannes wrote:I rode podium , which are the tubular version of the supers, didn't last long maybe about 5km before flatting.

Sorry for going OT, but I had a good run with the Podium (front), and would still be riding it if I hadn't taken it to explore gravel roads, finding football sized rocks. (Totally my fault, pressure was too low so it pinch flatted.)

el condor

by el condor

I use the Conti tt for my tt-bike and road bike for 2 years now-no flat, but I have the "good" habit to clean front and rear tire about every hour while riding-depending on road condition, when wet-more often. I like how they ride paired with latex inner tubes.

J.v.S.

by J.v.S.

I have had these tires for a season now and I find them very nice. They seem to roll very effortlessly and offer a very subtle ride. One minor issue I have encountered is that they develop quite a bit of an "edge" on the shoulder which becomes noticeable while cornering through switchbacks. But overall I'd definitely get them again. No problems with punctures so far.

leungti1

by leungti1

I have just done two races on the TT tires. So far so good. No cuts, no flats and easy to put on. I use latex tubes and they ride very nicely on deep wheels. The treads appear to be pretty thin so would use them as race tires only.

With my Enve 6.7 wheels which are 24/26mm wide, the shape of the tire/rim combo looks very aero and now i see why clinchers can be more aero than tubulars since they just fit better.

WMW
in the industry

by WMW

cyclenutnz wrote:GPTTs are what I put people on who are at the pointier end of the risk/reward scale. My testing shows them much better than GP4000S.

Have you also tested Attacks and Supersonics?
formerly rruff...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com