On the road today...

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

jmilliron

by jmilliron

Love it. Thanks for sharing Makoy.
2013 Wilier Cento1 SR || 2009 Ridley Crossbow || 2011 Yeti AS-R 5 Carbon

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jsprbcn

by jsprbcn

8) 8)

eurperg

by eurperg

Rainy ride...

At the turnaround point:

Back home: ;)

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Nice front end clearance for the rain, Eurperg, and as usual, great shots by everyone in this thread. Also Eurperg, it's one thing when your bikes are worth more than your vehicle, but when they're worth more than your house... well then, maybe there's a bit of a problem. :)
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

eurperg

by eurperg

Yes definitely too much clearance in the front, but the fender won't go lower... Will look better when I change to 34mm studded tyres. Slush requires some extra clearance too..

I must say that even after riding a C59, the Cross-Check is a very nice frame, everyone should own one!

Loving the simplicity of downturns shifters too, perfect function, looks and weight. So underrated.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

@Eurperg, regarding the clearance up front, I was implying that was a good thing... better too much than too little. I cut and carved and dremelled away full fenders to fit on my C50 but even then, 23mm tires is the biggest it could take. I've thought about a cross bike for winter and actually tried one out on the road but compared to my road bikes, I just didn't like the geometry and handling at all. I've been spoiled. If I was commuting to work it'd be a different thing for sure, but I'm riding for enjoyment. Although it could be argued how enjoyable is riding in the pouring rain I suppose. I don't care at all how icky my nice bikes get because of riding in bad weather (they can be cleaned easily enough), but it doesn't take long before dirty road crud being thrown up in your face and back and shoes makes for a less than fun experience, unless you're in a Rapha commercial where they make even that look like it's a right of passage and fun.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

eurperg

by eurperg

When there's too much clearance, water will splash out from the front in higher speeds, that's what's bad about it... Bikes can always be cleaned if there's time and will to do so, but what I like about the Surly, is that it's currently sitting in the garage all muddy and wet, but I don't feel bad at all... :P it's like it's meant to be dirty.

I think there's some kind of perverse enjoyment I get when the weather turns really bad.. The worse it feels during the ride, the better it feels after a beer and sauna :)

LeePaton

by LeePaton

Makoy love your images!

Couple pages back whats the coloured stuff on the road?

makoy

by makoy

makoy wrote:

unmilled rice grains :)

Kastrup

by Kastrup

eurperg wrote:I think there's some kind of perverse enjoyment I get when the weather turns really bad.. The worse it feels during the ride, the better it feels after a beer and sauna :)

I had exactly the same thoughts commuting to work the other day. Horrible weather, but i caught myself smiling from ear to ear descending a road that looked more like a raging river :)
"Stay cool and try to survive" A. Klier to the other members of the Garmin classics squad the night before P-R.

jsprbcn

by jsprbcn

Climbing the Montseny (Catalonia) with a group of friends :-)

https://vimeo.com/78467220
http://app.strava.com/activities/92742899

basilic

by basilic

windy and cloudy

eurperg

by eurperg

Thick fog today...

seanlol

by seanlol

A spin in the park.

by Weenie