2013 Weight Weenie Kit (SHOP NOW OPEN! Rolling orders!)

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

53x12

by 53x12

No worries Richie. Happy to help.

I will say that the bib shorts fit a little tight on me around the thighs compared with other kits I own. Feels like the fabric around thighs is stretching/stretched to its limit. Anyone else feel this way or is it just me. I'm super happy with it. Maybe this kit just has more compression than I am use to. ;)
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

NoiseBoy

by NoiseBoy

53x12 wrote:No worries Richie. Happy to help.

I will say that the bib shorts fit a little tight on me around the thighs compared with other kits I own. Feels like the fabric around thighs is stretching/stretched to its limit. Anyone else feel this way or is it just me. I'm super happy with it. Maybe this kit just has more compression than I am use to. ;)

Apparently the fabric can stretch to 500% without breaking, so I guess they cut it tight. It's good for those of us with weedy climber's thighs.

campbellrae

by campbellrae

Finally managed to pick mine up from the FedEx depo, it fits perfectly and looks to be really good quality, design is cool too. Huge thanks to Prend for all of the effort on this one!

53x12

by 53x12

NoiseBoy wrote:Apparently the fabric can stretch to 500% without breaking, so I guess they cut it tight. It's good for those of us with weedy climber's thighs.

Thanks for sharing that. I assumed it would be fine, just was different than I had experienced before.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

djm

by djm

53x12: Yes, it's at the foot of the Tryvann tv tower :-)

And; big thanks to prendrefeu for his initiative ! :-)

campbellrae

by campbellrae

If anyone has them, how does the fit of the vest compare to the slim fit jersey? Also, is the vest a softshell like material?

Thanks,

Campbell.

sstefanov

by sstefanov

Got mine today. The design look really nice in the flesh. The quality seems decent and the fit is good.

Prendrefeu - many thanks for making this happen. Really appreciate your effort.

djm

by djm

campbellrae: The vest doesn't have as great a fit as the jersey. The front of the vest is not elastic and doesn't cling as well to my chest as the jersey does. I went for a M in all three garments, but I guess I might have chosen an S for the vest and maybe even for the jersey for an even snugger fit.

To make an example; the vest could easily fit a pair of breasts :thumbup: But it fits better than most vests I've tried.

carbon2329

by carbon2329

campbellrae wrote:If anyone has them, how does the fit of the vest compare to the slim fit jersey? Also, is the vest a softshell like material?

I got the XS Slim Jersey & XS Slim vest:

The vest fits very well. Due to the front vest material, not being "elastic" it dosen't stay perfectly snug (as the Jersey), but it fits VERY well. It's one of the better fitting vest's I have owned, of this type (shell type, not an elastic material).
:thumbup:

(I've use Garneu, Pearl, Assos, Castelli, Cappo etc...)

djm

by djm

The only better fitting vest I've tried is a Nalini team version my club currently uses. However the bibs in the same series are complete crap.. WW kit a much better overall package so far :-)

campbellrae

by campbellrae

Thanks for the replies! Good to know it comes up a similar size, makes choosing easier.

gt5504b

by gt5504b

Just got my skinsuit today.
Size L fits me (185cm x 81kg) very well for a nice compressive fit.
The top half is very stretchy, which makes the (non-stretching) full zip pull up a bit / pull the collar down a bit in a standing position. But it is a non issue on the bike.

The more stretchy top vs. less compressive middle/hip area isn't the most flattering around the waist. Guess that's more incentive to pedal off a couple more kilos :)

Here are some quick selfies. Looks like it'll be getting dirty on the cross bike tomorrow morning, so maybe I'll end up with an on the bike pic soon.

PSM

by PSM

My jersey is loose on the arms and very tight on the bottom. Strange.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

That is strange. What size(s) did you order and what size(s) do you normally wear (so we can compare and figure out what happened) ?
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spartan

by spartan

same issue as PSM

ordered size M std fit. great close fit on the chest/back. the arms are loose. cut is too wide.
wear on size 5 on most other jerseys.

shorts are brilliant..
Current Rides:

2023 Tarmac SL7 Di2 9270
ex 2019 S-works SL6
ex 2018 Trek Madone SLR Disc
ex 2016 Giant TCRAdvanced Sl
ex 2012 Trek Madone7