Colnago C60 when will it be?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

markyboy

by markyboy

I have heard that a C60 is not far away maybe mid summer.
It will be a frame which will take electronic and manual set up.
I am going to wait and see what happens before I buy another c59 in a different colour scheme. :D
Colnago arabesque campagnolo super record 12
Colnago c64
Cinelli zydeco grx di2

giant man

by giant man

oh come on markyboy, you can never have too many C59s in different colours imo

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rico

by rico

Should be soon anyway. C50 was 2003/4 IIRC. My dealer recently told me the differences between EPS and C59 were not enough to justify spending huge amounts on the latter and that I should just wait for the 60...

NS

by NS

I was told spring hence the price reductions on C59's

shoopdawoop

by shoopdawoop

I might be wrong but havent they generally introduced the art decor bikes just before they released the next model?

SalsaLover

by SalsaLover

a C60 on an Art Decor paintscheme sounds delicious
Hucken The Fard Up !
Colnagos : C50 ST01 - Master 30th AD10 - C40 Mapei WC

browncloud

by browncloud

Spring,Still lugged,still made in Italy...Press fit bb. :-(

Mccaria

by Mccaria

The 2014 C59 frame is now set up for both electric/manual groupset. I was surprised when mine arrived set up to take both as I had seen/heard nothing to indicate they were making this change for 2014 and when I ordered the frame you still had to elect between manual and electric.

Not a big fan of press fit BB, so if the C60 is going that way then it looks like I will be keeping stock of the C59 to keep me going !

giant man

by giant man

SalsaLover wrote:a C60 on an Art Decor paintscheme sounds delicious

How would you know, you haven't seen a C60 yet ... :noidea:

mpower

by mpower

Mccaria wrote:The 2014 C59 frame is now set up for both electric/manual groupset. I was surprised when mine arrived set up to take both as I had seen/heard nothing to indicate they were making this change for 2014 and when I ordered the frame you still had to elect between manual and electric.

Not a big fan of press fit BB, so if the C60 is going that way then it looks like I will be keeping stock of the C59 to keep me going !

Can you post some photos of this dual use 2014 C59 frame?

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Yes. I'd like to see it. I've not heard of any running changes like that. I suspect that will likely be the case however. And the pressfit bottom bracket. So that's two thumbs down so far. Only other change that I think might be made is in the fork and rear stay area. They could possibly add some clearance for the wider bigger tire wheel trend. I'm neutral on that one. So, if those things happen, and I don't have any info on it one or another, that would be two steps backwards and one sideways as far as desirability to me goes. I really hope they don't do anything super silly like proprietary aero brake placement etc.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Mccaria

by Mccaria

http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... t=12944790" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="

mpower - there is not a lot to see and the frame is now built up, so there is even less to see !

The entry for the cables on the downtube is set up to take either mechanical or electric cables with little plug to cover the bits that are not used. There is a hole in the seat tube for a cable to the FD and a plug to cover it over if you use mechanical. For the RD there is either a small guide that you screw in under the RH stay if going mechanical, or there is an exit point at the rear of the stay if going electric (again supplied with plug if going mechanical - supplied in black and white so you can colour code your frame). By the BB there is a small shelf for the external battery - very much like the 2013 electric frameset.

It seems to have been done pretty well without lots of redundant exit/entry points - personally I would ditch the battery shelf and go for an internal battery but I guess that would be too restrictive at this point until external batteries become obsolete.

SalsaLover

by SalsaLover

mpower wrote:Can you post some photos of this dual use 2014 C59 frame?

Colnago C59 Italia 2014 frameset at twohubs.com - YouTube
Hucken The Fard Up !
Colnagos : C50 ST01 - Master 30th AD10 - C40 Mapei WC

TimW

by TimW

I think dual mechanical/electronic is a great idea. Wish my C59 was.

sawyer

by sawyer

giant man wrote:
SalsaLover wrote:a C60 on an Art Decor paintscheme sounds delicious

How would you know, you haven't seen a C60 yet ... :noidea:

LOL- good call. The old OTT adulation for Colnago is alive and well!
----------------------------------------
Stiff, Light, Aero - Pick Three!! :thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com