2013 Weight Weenie Kit (SHOP NOW OPEN! Rolling orders!)

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

gt5504b

by gt5504b

Ordered the skinsuit on Monday. Now anxiously awaiting :)

Prend, any chance you will be able to give us final stats as to how much was ordered in the end? I'm quite curious as today is the last day and this thread has been pretty active.
Thanks again for all of your legwork!
-Cory

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

53x12

by 53x12

I'm also interested in the number that ordered. Hopefully we had a good number of orders.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

nismosr

by nismosr

just made the order before the cut off I'm in the EST time ...
2020 Colnago C64 Mapei-SR12 EPS-WTO 60
2021 Basso Diamante SV-SR12 Disc EPS-WTO 60
2023 Colnago G3X-SRAM AXS Force-Levante

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

@gt5504b and 53x12 (and anyone else)

I asked for the totals about mid-day today, which meant about 12 hrs left of ordering window, and got a response pretty quick*. It does not include anything after noon today.

Here are the totals, a bit under what we were initially expecting after the survey - but there is about 2.5 hours left as of this moment and the estimate was pretty good overall.
Jerseys - 44
Shorts - 37
Arm Wamers (pair) - 5
Vests - 4
Skinsuits - 6

*As a side note, I really loved working with Jakroo. It has been a really pleasant experience so far and as exceeded all of the manufacturers I've had to deal with before on other orders. At some point I do want to work with Mt. Borah and JLVelo too, they were positive and followed up even after Jakroo took the order. They definitely seemed like good people. Other mfgs out there that I didn't get to deal with yet may be good too, but this is just to say that Jakroo was great in the process.

Now we wait for them to arrive and hopefully everyone got the right fit!! :lol:
Fingers crossed.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Since the first post is being updated with store closing, I want to save the content from the first post for reference. To be clear: the store is currently closed.

Below is what the first post contained prior to the update on October 5th, 0:15 PST:

--------------
Current Status: Stage 2.5 - THE STORE IS OPEN!

After much, much hand-wringing and a lot of poking, we finally have our store open!
Below you will find the information about ordering process, sizing charts, product, etc:.

STORE LINK AND INSTRUCTIONS:

http://shop.jakroo.com/Weight-Weenies

1. You will need to create an account with Jakroo if you haven't ordered from them before. Click on the "REGISTER" link in the upper right corner.
2. Once logged in, you will see our storefront. There are 5 items available for purchase: jerseys, bibs, skinsuits, vests, and arm warmers.
3. For each item, click on "Select Options" and you will be taken to the individual item's page. From there you can select gender, size and other options.
4. ***MORE ACCURATE SIZING CHARTS ARE BELOW***
5. Once you add an item to your cart, click on "continue shopping" to add more items, or proceed with checkout.
6. All shipping will be done via FedEx. Please be sure to use a shipping address where you can receive FedEx Packages. If you use your local FedExOffice/Kinkos location to receive FedEx packages, put in that address.
6. Jakroo will charge tax to residents of California and Canada (sorry). Everyone else is tax-free (apparently). Shipping should not exceed $20USD unless you buy some ridiculous quantity.

What pricing did we get?
These are all from Jakroo's TOP OF THE LINE clothing:
Jerseys - $74 USD/each
Bibshorts - $92 USD/each
Vests - $80 USD/each (wind vest, non-thermal)
Aero Pro Skinsuit - $150 USD/each (LongSleeve, one zippered pocket in the back)
Armwarmers - $25 USD/each
Shipping? FedEx, expect $20 on average.
Tax? California and Canada residents, all other fees waved.

You will not be charged for your order until production starts.

Sizing Charts!

Since the sizing chart in the store itself is not as thorough as the one found elsewhere on Jakroo's site, I've placed them all here for you.
There are two charts for each item - one in IMPERIAL, the other in METRIC. The dimensions were converted with the simple formula of 1in = 2.54cm and I've rounded the numbers to the nearest tenth. So for example 18.8in -> 47.752cm -> 47.8cm or 15.4in -> 39.116cm -> 39.1cm

Sizing suggestions:
-You can take a measuring ribbon and measure along your body, or you can lay out your favorite jersey or item on a flat surface and take measurements to compare to Jakroo's sizing.
-For the bib shorts, the best recommendation would be to take a look at the inseam and hips. It is possible to compare to your current favorite shorts, but this may be difficult because of the way the pad folds in when it is worn.

Jerseys, Imperial:

Jerseys, Metric:

Bibs, Imperial:

Bibs, Metric:

Aero Pro Skinsuit, Imperial:

Skinsuit, Metric:

Wind Vest, Imperial:

Wind Vest, Metric:

Arm Warmers, Imperial:

Arm Warmers, Metric:

««««««««««« Stages »»»»»»»»»»»

Stage 1: Receive Final Designs; Set up online survey to determine chosen design and quanities.
Stage 2: Setting up an online team store with vendor, clearly presenting the chosen design, sizing information and answering any questions about the ordering process; order window opens. In the background, minor adjustments to design based on discussion with vendor and Designer.
Stage 3: Order window closes October 4, Midnight PST. A full month!! Delivery no later than October 28.
Stage 4: Delivery! Orders will be individually shipped by vendor to you regardless of your location. All orders are shipped via FedEx.

Other misc notes:
-Why did this take so long? Why is delivery so late?
It was suggested that the store remain open for a full month - a great suggestion - to encourage more orders, allow people time, and accommodate for those who do not visit the forum as often. This does put the delivery into November. For many, this will be winter and you may not get to wear the kit outside until 2014. For others, the timing might be perfect for summer. And so the earth turns.
-Vests: there is only a wind vest, not a thermal vest. The reasoning here is that if you live in a climate cold enough to make a thermal vest necessary, you probably have your favorite and will use that one. Wind vests seem to be the most 'universal' for all climates, at some point you will use a wind-vest and it can still provide some warmth/protection on colder days.
-Skinsuit is long sleeve. More aero and great for cyclocross, the track, a TT, or your local crit.

djconnel

by djconnel

Nice work! The numbers don't lie. Thanks to all involved with this order. I can't wait to see the result.

Ahillock

by Ahillock

So we should begin seeing some kits arrive this week?

53x12

by 53x12

Anyone receive their kit yet? Hopefully by this weekend? I would love to use the kit a few times this season before I no longer can due to weather.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Delivery is expected by the 28th... Hopefully by this weekend, that would be fantastic.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

To say that I'm nervous in anticipation is a bit of an understatement.

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

Just woke up this morning to find my tracking # emailed to me. Expected delivery is Monday.
Speedplay is the devil!

gt5504b

by gt5504b

In the Czech Republic, I just got a call from FedEx confirming contact info for customs, with estimated delivery for Wednesday.
Fingers crossed for no import issues!

djm

by djm

Estimated delivery for Monday in Oslo. Usually the FedEx estimates are pretty accurate for deliveries to Oslo. Can't wait! :-)

nismosr

by nismosr

mdeth1313 wrote:Just woke up this morning to find my tracking # emailed to me. Expected delivery is Monday.

:( and I'm from nj and don't have any email for the tracking number.
2020 Colnago C64 Mapei-SR12 EPS-WTO 60
2021 Basso Diamante SV-SR12 Disc EPS-WTO 60
2023 Colnago G3X-SRAM AXS Force-Levante

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

nismosr wrote:
mdeth1313 wrote:Just woke up this morning to find my tracking # emailed to me. Expected delivery is Monday.

:( and I'm from nj and don't have any email for the tracking number.

Might be a jersey thing!
Speedplay is the devil!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com