New rules for posting For Sale

Bring your questions & complaints to the Weight Weenies moderators, here! Also, News & Announcements. Use the other boards for bike related talks.
Donny70

by Donny70

I wonder if I can sell my posts?

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Perhaps it isn't so much # of posts, but time since registration?

I'm seeing too many new users come on, put out about 30 posts in a quick time period, sell something on the For Sale section - and then disappear completely. Whether or not they are good sellers is not the point.

My suggestion: minimum 1 year since registration date + minimum of 100 posts.

This would help fight the occurrence of the quick registration/post/sell type users. Unless someone is seriously going to be part of this community, they'll probably forget they had an account here for a year. Also, putting up 100 posts is also a bit more of task than 30 or whatever it is now.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

WasFab

by WasFab

danventura wrote:I was caught by surprise by this, and after looking over the new rules, I will venture to suggest that they are kind of dumb -- at least the one about the minimum number of posts. On the one hand, I appreciate why they have been changed (to keep the "community" feel and to filter out people who just want to sell). However, just because someone doesn't post to the forums, doesn't mean they aren't reading them and participating in that way (me, for example; I rarely feel like I have anything important enough to post, but I learn from others' posts all the time). Also, I'm not sure what is wrong with people selling things here if there are folks who want to buy them.

Seems like an unintended consequence of this new rule could be a bunch of worthless posts, so people can get above the minimum threshold, and who wants to have to wade through those?

I think OP has here somethingto say and it's right. Btw what the new rule o f number of posts?

si1ver
Shop Owner

by si1ver

This is the tread that would go on for a while since there are mix feelings about the new rules.
I guess it is the similar feeling when the "pro cycling chat " was limited awhile ago.
IMHO while it does bring some benefit , the traffic to this forum was effected after the pro cycling chat dilemma and I am sure it will happen again this is case .
well.. what do i know I am just a lurker that logs on to this forum almost everyday and hardly post anything since 2006. :P

Donny70

by Donny70

I suppose really one should be here for the exchange of info etc. and not to make some quick bux. That being said I don't make that many posts myself as I just don't have anything of interest to say, mostly.

keith

by keith

Been a member since 2009, but haven't posted much until now ...
Riding my road bikes around Eryri

http://www.strava.com/athletes/keith_robertson" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

austke

by austke

As somebody who uses the "new posts" button regular. I am regularly finding the for sale post outweighing all other posts as a whole. Sometimes I have to double check that I am not at Ebay by accident. Otherwise WW is a top site.
2013 Giant TCR Advanced SL 0, 6.92kg
2013 Giant Defy Composite 2 M, 8.5kg - Wife's
Azzurro Torino 8.55g
Fuji 650 10.8kg
Miele Lupa Triple Tandem 38,89kg

bazman

by bazman

hi there i am new to the forum didnt realise you had to post a minimum 40 posts to sell anything im same as other person who reads and learns of the forums but dosent feel like posting .

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

Hi, It is good that you are posting now. you don't actually need 40 posts. anything above 30 is good enough. When you visit the forum to read it, we can't see your presence and discuss with you.
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

Jmeloy

by Jmeloy

I'm hearing it is now 50?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

stefanot
Shop Owner

by stefanot

It's only 30.

arcatern

by arcatern

I want to buy a frame off the For Sale so I have a bike worth posting. Is that a catch 22 or what?!

bazmac

by bazmac

arcatern wrote:I want to buy a frame off the For Sale so I have a bike worth posting. Is that a catch 22 or what?!

Hahaha, quite ironic. I'm hearing you though.

Baz

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk