2014 Campagnolo groups?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

s4life

by s4life

On another note, something that has always bothered me is the small-ish hex-bolts used to clamp the shifters to the bar or to mount the brakeset to the frame. Why can't they use larger bolts like Shimano? those are pretty tough and can withstand pretty much any amount of torque you can produce with your bare hands and a small hex bit.

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

You can easily change them...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Causidicus

by Causidicus

Last edited by Causidicus on Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

s4life

by s4life

Yes, but Ti hardware costs quite a bit..
BikeTart wrote:You can easily change them...

s4life

by s4life

Causidicus wrote:
s4life wrote:On another note, something that has always bothered me is the small-ish hex-bolts used to clamp the shifters to the bar or to mount the brakeset to the frame.

What's wrong with the T25 Torx that Campagnolo uses now? Handles far more torque than 5mm hex.

No it doesn't.

Causidicus

by Causidicus

Last edited by Causidicus on Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

graeme_f_k
Shop Owner / Manufacturer

by graeme_f_k

With both the a/k and the Torx bolt, there's no real issue if a long key rather than the folding type is used and the head is aligned to the bolt. Both are specced considerably above the required torque to hold the lever to the bar, so long as the bar shape and diameter are to spec.

If you need to exceed the quoted torque on either bolt to secure the lever, the chances are, something is off somewhere.

We get levers in for service from time to time where the clamp end of the bolt is slightly belled where it has been overtightened against the clamp - that takes quite a bit of compression and a torque way beyond the rated torque of the bolt.

GFK, Velotech Cycling Ltd, Campanolog Main SC, UK
A Tech-Reps work is never done ...
Head Tech, Campagnolo main UK ASC
Pls contact via velotechcycling"at"aim"dot"com, not PM, for a quicker answer. Thanks!

morrisond

by morrisond

When are the internal battery and V2 interface going to be available?

solarider

by solarider

I have been told end of September (came and went), mid October (came and went), end of October (came and went) and now November/December.

I phoned Campagnolo directly and was told that production is well underway, and it has already started to ship out. Unfortunately they couldn't tell me where to, and I can't track any down.

HiBike.de listed it as available, so I ordered some there. They had the battery, no extension cables, and then cancelled the charger that i had ordered (what good is one without the other?!). I managed to find the installation tool, but nothing else.

I have a bike build sitting semi-finished waiting for the internal battery (it hasn't been built with an external wiring option) and it is driving me crazy!

I am sure it will be worth the wait. Can't be long now I guess.

corky

by corky

Campag seem really slack at actually shipping stuff lately, they announced the Bora 35 back in may..... still can't find anyone that actually has them for salele. in stock

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

corky wrote:Campag seem really slack at actually shipping stuff lately, they announced the Bora 35 back in may..... still can't find anyone that actually has them for salele. in stock
Which version are you after? Bora One or Ultra? Dark or standard graphics?

corky

by corky

wasn"t looking for anything in particular...... it was an observation.

madcow
Shop Owner

by madcow

The EPS V2 battery, interface unit and charger are available as we've already got stock on them. The new cranks on the other hand won't be available before late December.

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

corky wrote:wasn"t looking for anything in particular...... it was an observation.
We have Bora One 35 Dark & Ultra Standard in stock. Also most of the Overtorque cranks in 172.5 and bb30 cups.

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

ultimobici wrote:We have Bora One 35 Dark & Ultra Standard in stock. Also most of the Overtorque cranks in 172.5 and bb30 cups.

So what are they all like? Got pics and real full weights and stuff?
Last edited by dereksmalls on Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com