6Kg 2013 BMC SLR01 (Retired)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

stormp

by stormp

Great job, any reason you didnt choose the rsys slrs instead? All black and lighter?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CAMSHAFT

by CAMSHAFT

stormp wrote:Great job, any reason you didnt choose the rsys slrs instead? All black and lighter?

I bought the k10s when they were originally released. At the time the R-sys weren't well respected.

101s are my next "daily" wheel set...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

CAMSHAFT

by CAMSHAFT

A recent shop pic.

laxer29

by laxer29

Did you ride the '12 SLR01? I'm curious to see if there is an actual noticeable difference in the two frames, ride-wise.

CAMSHAFT

by CAMSHAFT

laxer29 wrote:Did you ride the '12 SLR01? I'm curious to see if there is an actual noticeable difference in the two frames, ride-wise.

I did. I actually like the '12 better. The '12 had the weave/unidirectional carbon combination whereas the '13 is all unidirectional. I think going to all unidirectional was a mistake. The '12 had a road feel that was buttery smooth. However, the '13 is more stiff. It responds just a hair quicker to spirited efforts. Now if you talk to the BMC guys that was the goal to get stiffer and racier. Now that they have the GF01 they don't need the SLR01 to be a jack of trades i.e. ride Paris-Roubaix.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

laxer29

by laxer29

Gotcha, thanks for the feedback. I'm torn between getting the '12 or '13 since I do prefer a stiffer ride and weight savings on the '13 but can get a great deal on a '12.

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

laxer29 wrote:Gotcha, thanks for the feedback. I'm torn between getting the '12 or '13 since I do prefer a stiffer ride and weight savings on the '13 but can get a great deal on a '12.

The 13s look amazing in the flesh. I like my 11 but the 13 is stunning

CAMSHAFT

by CAMSHAFT

laxer29 wrote:Gotcha, thanks for the feedback. I'm torn between getting the '12 or '13 since I do prefer a stiffer ride and weight savings on the '13 but can get a great deal on a '12.

The difference is so small.... How much of a deal is it?

laxer29

by laxer29

That's what I figured, but a price difference enough to get a nice new set of Enve's. The only other issue is I do like the matte on the '13.

CAMSHAFT

by CAMSHAFT

laxer29 wrote:That's what I figured, but a price difference enough to get a nice new set of Enve's. The only other issue is I do like the matte on the '13.

The matte is a PIA to clean.... In fact someone on here is having issues with yellowing of the white on their frame.

CAMSHAFT

by CAMSHAFT

Rotor Rings Review

OVERVIEW:
All this year I have been working hard on my fitness and been PRing like a mad man on Strava. Last winter I hit the weights and tried to not gain any weight. Also I picked up a Marc Pro electrical muscle stimulator, which dialed up my recovery effectiveness.

So this summer has been great. On some climbs I have decreased my times by 30% in four months! In some of the long climbs I have bettered them by minutes. With fall coming, I figured my form would be on the down slope. Well my form may be lower or the same or possible higher, but the PRs have kept coming since the Rotor Q-Rings were installed.

MODEL:
110 BCD Compact Road Aero 50/34 Set

INSTALL:
The rings went on fine. I also installed the KCNC Bolts (4) to save a few grams. They were installed in the stock or initial recommended spot. After riding them a few hundred miles they wont need to be adjusted.

AESTHETICS:
The all black aero is pretty hot. Eventually I want to match a Rotor crank to it.

FEEL:
Stiffness is excellent. Also, after a few 100 miles I have gotten used to the oval pedaling pattern. On a short 30 sec hill Saturday it did feel like I was bottoming out.

FINAL:
What can I say but I am sold, these are excellent. The 6% increase in power is evident.

CAMSHAFT

by CAMSHAFT

I took the stock from SRAM pads and put on the high-end BXP pads (Blue).

While I bought them for performance reasons, the BXP pads weigh 2 gram less than the SRAM ones.

We will see how they are in the next few days.

CAMSHAFT

by CAMSHAFT

Ciamillo GSL Micro Set ordered..... Can't wait!

http://caw-designs.com/?product=gsl-micro" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.bikerumor.com/2013/10/16/unv ... g-per-set/
Last edited by CAMSHAFT on Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

Going to need a new set of those fancy brake pads! Looking forward to hearing your impression on the new Ciamillo brakes as they are VERY tempting.

CAMSHAFT

by CAMSHAFT

btompkins0112 wrote:Going to need a new set of those fancy brake pads! Looking forward to hearing your impression on the new Ciamillo brakes as they are VERY tempting.

Agree!, with the adjustable cam and $299 I couldn't pass it up. I switch between the Heds and K10s quite a bit so it will be nice to have easier adjustments.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com